Rondell D58, good wheels?

• Zitat von Nifty50;100455

Can someone please explain why there are mentions of spacers in this thread? The chap at Projex said they will bolt straight on as a replacement:hmmmm:

Thanks
    Graham

Oem E31 offset is 15mm for the 7,5" and 10mm for the 8" front wheel.
    This Rondell 58 is 8,5" and 13mm offset.
    The perfect offset for a 8,5" wheel is 5mm, if you go with a 10mm spacer the offset will in reality become 3mm and a very nice fit.

It will bolt on without the spacer, but to fill the wheel well nicely you need spacers up front.

The rears are good, no need for spacers.

You will find that both wheels will be about 10mm from the wheel arc this way. With no spacer its 20mm front and 10mm rear.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;100622

these will not be my primary set, so I won't use them much.
    They might end up sitting in their boxes for a while, but at least I have a second set of wheels for my 8 :)

Winter wheels? :poke:
    ;)

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Thanks Noggie, I understand that and now see the light:top:

Zitat von Timm;100469

They have a 74.1mm bore - so you need hub-centric rings at the very least. Projex fitted some ghastly plastic ones so I replaced them using exactly the same method as when I fitted fake M-Pars as detailed here:

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/e31/w…alloys_to_the_BMW_E31.htm

Cheers Timm, for your usual high standard of guidance.

• Zitat von shiggsy;100626

Winter wheels? :poke:
    ;)

Nope, my 8 is not even used in the rain if I can help it, so salty winter roads are totally out of the question.

My 19" wheels are due for a refurb, have seen some corrosion starting to creep under the chrome on at least two of the centers.
    Thought I'd disassemble them and have them re-done, though not sure what colour yet.
    These 18" Rondells will have to be used when this happens, and the 18" wheels should provide a little more comfort too.
    The 19" will be the primary set, but it's good to have a backup set in case something happens.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;100622

Including shipping (€81) I got these for €1085, not bad for Norway, now I'll have to find some cheap rubber, these will not be my primary set, so I won't use them much.

Coincidentally, this price is the same as the quote from Projex ie. £815 x 1.23 euros/£, plus shipping. All in all, good price.

If you do not use the car in the rain or winter there must be many periods when you would have time to get your primary wheels refurbished; why are you bothering to get a second set? I know Norwegians are wealthy but this does seem to be rather extravagant, doesn't it?

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Nifty50;100634

Coincidentally, this price is the same as the quote from Projex ie. £815 x 1.23 euros/£, plus shipping. All in all, good price.

If you do not use the car in the rain or winter there must be many periods when you would have time to get your primary wheels refurbished; why are you bothering to get a second set? I know Norwegians are wealthy but this does seem to be rather extravagant, doesn't it?

Cheers
    Graham

if I take all 4 wheels off it's nice to have another set to put on the car.
    I could use stands, but then I can't move the car, and the 19" wheels may be in the working for a long time. (probably taking them to Germany)
    I am also thinking that it is nice to have a set of wheels from the era of the car, in case I in the future want to get that classic look.
    Also I'm curious about the ride comfort 18" wheels give, and might decide that it's right for me in the future.
    Also the fact that these wheels are new is a good thing.
    But I'll admit it's a bit of "nice to have" involved in buying these wheels.
    I'd rather spend this kind of money on a brand new set now, than get a used set in a few years with curb rash and the need of a costly refurb.

I don't normally take the car out in the rain, but if it rains while I'm out driving that is no big deal to me.
    I normally get 6-8000km (4-5000miles) a year on the car, "summer season" is normally April-October.
    I have driven my car 30.000km since I bought it in 2006.

Most Norwegians are not that wealthy, cost of living is pretty high here, so our salaries are higher than most places.
    Because of this most countries in the world are cheap to us, and when on holiday, Norwegians don't mind spending money.
    Thins might give the impression that we are wealthy, but there are plenty of people struggling to make ends meet.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von wokke;100638

I ran those Rondell wheels in 8.5x17 and 10x17 as winter wheels on my ex E32-750iL and had no problem whatsoever. And as already said in Sweden Egil, if the price you told me is correct I wouldn't think about it twice.

See the price above, €1000 plus shipping, even less than what I said in Sweden, €130 discount just because I had an E31 :top:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• 10mm spacers are a problem Egil because the rim is centered via the hub. If you run spacers you need to have some with a spacer ring which isn't possible on 10mm spacers. The reason is the cut out on the back side for the wheels hub's spacer.

• Zitat von wokke;100642

10mm spacers are a problem Egil because the rim is centered via the hub. If you run spacers you need to have some with a spacer ring which isn't possible on 10mm spacers. The reason is the cut out on the back side for the wheels hub's spacer.

Zitat von schnitz850;100644

Maybe you could use these. They look 72 to 72 and 15mm Which could be machined down to 10 and use longer bolts...

This is all beginning to sound like a lot of grief to me:dontknow:

Is there a definitive answer to the fitting of these wheels without a load of bodging? I know there must be because so many guys have them fitted.

• O.K.

On a hub behind the wheel the face is flat for youre wheel but there is also a step out in the middle which is critical to centreing the wheel. If your wheels have a different centre bore then you need hubcentric rings to make up the difference...

My wifeys car has them of about 6mm we sometimes need them to make up the difference from 72-74mm ish

But when you bring spacers into the equation this brings the flat surface out beyond the centre ring of the hub thus you need spacers with built in center rings for the corresponding size to your wheel center.....

Simples...... EEEEK

• Zitat von 8Tech;100909

When's he bringing the other 2?

8Tech.

Hehe, I got all 4, just did not bother to take all 4 out of the boxes for a picture, so i took one front and one rear wheel.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von wokke;100642

10mm spacers are a problem Egil because the rim is centered via the hub. If you run spacers you need to have some with a spacer ring which isn't possible on 10mm spacers. The reason is the cut out on the back side for the wheels hub's spacer.

?? I Have 10mm Spacers on mine BBS rims , they have center ring and are no problem to get centered.
    Think those spacers where supplied by BBS

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von huldra66;100913

?? I Have 10mm Spacers on mine BBS rims , they have center ring and are no problem to get centered.
    Think those spacers where supplied by BBS

Regards
    Terje

Hard to believe. For sure 10mm and not 15mm?

Cheers
    Wolf

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!