Tool Kit Screw

• Tool kit screw
    I finally got fed-up with that nasty plastic screw that holds the tool kit up so I made a permanent fix.

At least it won't break and cut my fingers on the sharp edges like those plastic ones do when the ears break!

I think it looks a whole lot better too.

8Tech.

• Is there anything on this car you haven't improved :laugh:

Great job as usual. :top:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von 8Tech;100704

Tool kit screw

At least it won't break and cut my fingers on the sharp edges like those plastic ones do when the ears break!

I think it looks a whole lot better too.

8Tech.

Zitat von Lloyd;100710

I have replaced mine 3 times in the last few years!

Sorry Gerry, it looks nicely made but I think it is incongruous.

The original fixing is robust and never subject to any force or natural degradation, how on earth do you guys manage to break them:hmmmm:

• Zitat von Nifty50;100719

Sorry Gerry, it looks nicely made but I think it is incongruous.

The original fixing is robust and never subject to any force or natural degradation, how on earth do you guys manage to break them:hmmmm:

Nifty I think its because I found and added a BMW cleaning cloth to act as a any rattle device!

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;100710

Quality mate unlike the plastic ones. I have replaced mine 3 times in the last few years! Did you machine it to screw into the original insert or replace that to?

Screwed into the thread section of the original insert, thats the function of the M6 blue cap head screw.

• Zitat von Nifty50;100719

We polish our tools regularly and the screw wears out! :laugh:

Thats my excuse anyway.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!