• Hello All,
    Can anyone tell me where the VIN numbers are hidden on the 8 series?

Hope to be playing a bigger part on the site in future after a long time away
    Best regards to all
    Peter:winkwink:

• Zitat von greenelekta;102238

On my RHD 98 840 the VIN is driver side seen through the windscreen + on a decal/sticker under bonnet driver side inner wing near the air box and headlight

I believe they are all like the description above on UK models.

8Tech.

• Everything that is sort of removable - this includes the stick on tag on the dashboard as well as the riveted or glued sticker in the engine compartment as described above is just to be seen as a "backup" for easier access to the one pointed out by Harry. Some country designations have the dash tag, some have the fenderside sticker - ALL* have the one underneath the right hand side wiper hammered into the body shell.

*Some don´t :laugh:
    The prototype of the E31 convertible does not have a VIN number there, it´s been cut out. Reshelled cars don´t have one there necessarily. Tim Ring´s CB57001 seemingly is lacking the VIN under the wiper too.

The best way to get to see the one Harry shows is indeed the way pictured.
    You normally need a rag and a flashlight of sorts.
    Cheers
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!