Sadly leaving the fold....Probably!

• Hi all

I've decided after many sleepless nights, to downsize the 'fleet', so sadly the old girl is going to be put on the market.

If you know of anyone who is after a totally reliable, late 840 Sport with a set of refurbed original staggered Alpina wheels, you know where to point them!

It's been great fun but sadly we've decided to sell 3 out of 4 cars and to be honest, the 8 series spends more time locked up in the garage than it really should.

I'll keep you all updated and let you know the derisory price that it goes for!

Cheers

Steve

• The main issue Lloyd, is the fact that we seem to have accumulated too many poxy cars!
    Besides the 840 we've got a Alfa 147 [ family car] a 51 plate MINI and a Mazda Bongo camper.
    The cost of just 'admin' eg MOTs and tax is over £900.00 Add a bit of spanner work and insurances and all of a sudden it's like looking after a fleet!
    I have had this 8 for over 7 years and it's been, in the main, an absolute joy to own. I expect after I let it go for a pittance, I'll regret it, but needs must.
    This site has been an absolute Godsend. The help and assistance from Reinhard and Revtor, have been way beyond the call of duty, not to mention the various meetings enjoyed. :adore:
    Anyway will most likely get divorced and keep the car!

• I understand in the last 3 months I have driven mine once and then only 4 miles. Other than that it sits on the drive looking sad. In reality I guess I would get £4k which is just poor considering what you get for the money etc. If I had a safe garage to park it for a few years I would but I worry that I would visit it one day and it would be gone.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Sad sad sad.... Not much more to say.... Needs must and all that...

I had a really nice guy come round to look at mine yesterday, spent 2 1/2 hours chatting....

This would be the youngest car in his collection!! And what a collection....
    Just a few that include.. AC428 Coupe, DB6, 4x DBS's, Lambo something.
    He only likes 50's-70's years and wants the 850 to trundle up to his Daughters school in Cheltenham!!

Good luck though...

Alex

• I believe we have got to the point where it is a buyers market.

Most of the cars here are well looked after examples, well worth the asking prices, but buyers are seeing old clunkers for peanuts and think they can be "done up" whereas they are just getting "done over".

You try buying a really good one and they are still top money but buyers see the running costs and repair bills for a clunker and all the 8's get tarred with the same brush.

I am currently buying old bones, that look great for under £2k just for parts cars, and thats sad. I also use them just for old units to refurbish and thats where my exchange refurbed cores come from.

I'm not sure whats going to happen, but I think the better cars will end up selling too cheap, end up with the wrong type of owner and get hammered until they join the mass of clunkers.

8Tech.

• Steve, your 8er needs you!

Don't let it fall in to the hands of undesirables and let it end up like the ones Gerry mentions.

Seriously, you have to do, what you need to do. Good luck.

• Oh blimey mate! Just got back from hols and thought I'd see what was going on and bang..

Really sad to see you go Steve, but I know where you're at, got a 17 yr old itching to get driving and that'll be another car for us soon.. I gave my old SAAB to my sister just to get shot of one out of the 'fleet'.

Good luck matey, you'll miss it I'm sure. But at least you experienced it

Mick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!