This Maybe Sacriledge

• Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the E31 4.4i sport top the Jaguar XKR? A mate of mine has picked up an XKR for £5,000 and it certainly has a high spec and goes like a rocket. There's a very nice model for sale local to me and I was just wondering, right, should I consider swapping out my 8?:oops:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Good link Mick...I did put my 2p worth on the thread also!
    I guess at the end of the day it is just down to personal choice. In my eyes the original XK8 has aged pretty badly whereas the 8 still looks fresh.
    Another scam call for my car today. I am getting well and truly hacked off! I dont want to sell my car to Terry Tibbs, who happens to live in Spain and will just get a bloke to pick it up without seeing it!:rofl:

• I understand your Jag interest Angus, been there myself,on other occasions I've been tempted away from the 8 by the need for speed.

Alpina B10 & AMG Mercs were awesome & certainly fulfilled my desire for more power BUT were bland by comparison to our 8s, 12 months ago I sold the AMG & bought my 6th 8 series, think I'll keep this one:hmmmm::harhar:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von anguswolfendale;105114

... right, should I consider swapping out my 8?:oops:

You must be out of your mind :D
    What happens after a few weeks when the reality check has set in? You start missing your 8 and find that the new owner will not hand it back to you. Gone is the Imola red, gone is the Individual interior. Will you settle for Bland over Bland with your 2nd 8? :harhar:

My advice: get an XKR as "yet another pretty useless but nice to have thing" and keep the 8. Make up your mind over time. Only a few years down the track your 8 maybe worth a tad more than it is today. :top:

Ach, one more thing:

Zitat von "anguswolfendale"

Land Rover Lightweight 1978

Is this Bre´ish for a see through rust bucket? :roll: :harhar:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Reinhard -
    Yes - I've got rid of the Landrover lightweight - chassis rot and not having the time to get around to fixing it, so I sold it to a neighbour!:winkwink:

Thanks Guys for clearing my head - you are right - I've invested too much in my 8, I love it's rarity and the admiring looks it gets. Maybe I'll buy the XK8-R for the wife then I can try it out when I want, without losing my 8.:devilchilli:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Zitat

Thanks Guys for clearing my head - you are right - I've invested too much in my 8, I love it's rarity and the admiring looks it gets. Maybe I'll buy the XK8-R for the wife then I can try it out when I want, without losing my 8.:devilchilli:

That sounds like a plan!

Looked at XKs prior to e31 ownership, especially the R.

Wife no likey, old mans car, which was cool as I got an 8.

Got one of these also, that showed her, old mans car!

• :winkwink:Today I met my friend Alfred (lets say awesome Don Alfredo, his nickname since ages, who owns two CSi's and a silver Japan Individual, beside R129 SL500s, Z1...) in mint condition of course, still surching for the one and only 8 to keep it in his garage, not for driving however :banghead:...

...but when we discussed about cars(mainly 8s of course, I love the interior of his and other 8-Japaneses) he said some impressive words to me:

"Porsche 911s are driving around here* like you find dogfood in a pet shop!"

Opinions? :)

*in Germany

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!