The time has come.....selling my 8

• It's with much regret that I reach the decision that I'm forced to sell my 8.

As some of you know, I moved back to the UK after living abroad for over 19 years and so far, after 6 months of trying I have not yet found a new job. And so, since the government hand outs are not all that generous I need to raise some cash.

I will be putting together a proper sales description for my car, the short details are that it's a 1997 M73 (so Left Hand Drive) with several additions, cosmetic and performance related improvements. These include steel Alpina style bonnet (made by Thomas Engl), stainless "Hammann" style exhaust (also made by Thomas Engl), Billstein B6 shock absorbers and Eibach Pro springs, (fitted a couple of years ago by Gerry at Phoenix). Phoenix drilled brake discs, Phoenix braided brake hoses, Becker Indianapolis CD Nav fitted, new front and rear screens, the dreaded roof line rust has been professionally and excellently sorted by Gerry, Racing Dynamics front spoiler and rear diffusor, newly refurbished BBS RSII alloy wheels, 18" with brand new Vredestein Sessanta tyres (275 rear, 245 front). wheels factory refurbished by BBS and as new condition with new centre caps.
    Wooden trim interior in "Eibe", CSi style door cards (original factory fitted). It's a BMW "Individual" car which is why it has the wood trim and the CSi door cards.
    Engine management system has been treated to the Olaf (Firebird) rechipping, car is derestricted as a result of this and the gearbox management has also been reprogrammed to take full advantage of the engine management mods.
    Quaife ATB fitted with a 3.15:1 ratio diff giving far better off the line performance without sacrificing top end cruising ability.

I will be giving the car a full makeover to get it into it's proper glory - not that there's anything wrong with it but it needs a good clean.
    Watch this space for proper sales information soon.

All the best,
    Jason

• Hi Jason, Sorry to read of your lack of employment, I'm so sure your car is excellent in every aspect but I guess you will have more luck selling on the other side of the Channel?.

My own car has been advertised on 3 occasions but still not managed to find a buyer, best offer I've had was £6k, I think it's worth more but it is a buyers market.Good luck:winkwink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• What's the asking price for it ?
    It might be possible to sell in Norway , at the moment there are very few 8er for sale ( only 3 ) and it and been like this for nearly a year now with very few 8ers for sale.
    For a moment we had onlyone a red 850CSi for sale , The 850CSi and an 93 850Ci both got sold last week.

Now there is a new red 850CSi for sale and another two that came back on beeing adverticed several times before.
    http://www.finn.no/finn/car/us…ODEL=2129&alertId=1625198

Regards
    Terje

• Hi Terje, it seems that the prices in Norway are still high but then again, cars are expensive in Scandinavia, I remember when I lived in Sweden that cars were expensive.
    I haven't yet set a sale price for my car but I thinking of it being around €15,000 to $20,000 - that would still make it pretty cheap in Norway I think.
    It's a Swiss specification car which as far as I know is the same as Germany. It does not currently have daytime running lights fitted but that's an easy job and I have the kit to do that if needed.

What are your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Jason

• Zitat von Argonaut;109241

Hi Terje, it seems that the prices in Norway are still high but then again, cars are expensive in Scandinavia, I remember when I lived in Sweden that cars were expensive.
    I haven't yet set a sale price for my car but I thinking of it being around €15,000 to $20,000 - that would still make it pretty cheap in Norway I think.
    It's a Swiss specification car which as far as I know is the same as Germany. It does not currently have daytime running lights fitted but that's an easy job and I have the kit to do that if needed.

What are your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Jason

If your price ends up at £15k it will then bring the total price after all taxes and car beeing registered to a stunning 35k :ahhhhh:in Norway.
    But it's still a fair price for a 97model M73 I believe , there where just sold a CSI for £58K and last year the Alpina 5,7 at £80k these are the prices we are used to , due to TAXES :banghead:

There are only five M73 in Norway in total and Only two cars beeing 97models both prodused in 96 so it could be the newest 8er in Norway :cool:
    Well I think there is a chance of getting this one sold in Norway , as the price will not be bad ( compared to what we are used to )
    When you decide and have the car advertised I can at least spread the word to the Norwegian community if you want.

By the way guess this is a typo €15,000 to $20,000
    mixing Eoro and dollar.

Regards
    Terje

• I've been keeping a very low profile of late and I've been keeping my fingers crossed for all it's worth.
    Anyway, the good news is that I've managed to find a job, only part time and the money definitely isn't great but it's a start and with luck, I'll be able to hang on to my 8! Fingers crossed guys!

Cheers

• Having recently been made redundant myself, in 2009 (for about 8 weeks) scary shit !
    I feel for you Jason. All I can say is that things will work out. better as it did for me .. often for the better.

All the best and let us know how the new job goes well.

Best wishes

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!