What have you done to your 8er this winter?

• This winter the car has got Inspection2 and several other checks fixes done :)

I have replaced:
    Engine Oil , Gear Oil , Diff Oil , Brake fluid , Drained the hydraulic system replace all Pentosin and cleaned the 3 filters.
    Replaced Air filters , Coupe filters , Oil filter , Pentosin filter, Gasolin filters
    Replaced belts , Gasolin hoses , most water hoses and Sparkplugs.
    Fixed and locked the Banjobolts and gaskets.
    New oilpan gasket.
    Repaired the front seat height adjustment.

Belts where from 1997 so probably about time , hoses where from 1994 so for sure about time.
    And there is probably more I have forgotten , but I hope sh will run without any issues this year as well :driver:
    Testing of the AHK after fluid change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfFbu1ZoNU

Regards
    Terje

• technically not just this winter, but since the last time the car was on the road.

-installed 3.15 LSD diff.
    -rebuilt gearbox
    -changed crank shaft sensors.
    -checked plugs, but they looked good and was not replaced.

Fluids were new last year and the car only saw 1500km last year.

Remaining items before summer (June).
    -Install new interior
    -make blow off valve recirculation system
    -install Wokke transmission lock-up unit (55kph instead of 85kph)
    -rebuild exhaust.
    -install new FTP lights

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Wokke there is none I guess that can beat you this winter.
    Quite cool that you have transformed one of he Oldest E31 out there to factory new look and better performance the factory new :top:
    And the color , just love it

What's happening in mid April , meaning mid June?

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von huldra66;109480

Wokke there is none I guess that can beat you this winter.
    Quite cool that you have transformed one of he Oldest E31 out there to factory new look and better performance the factory new :top:
    And the color , just love it

What's happening in mid April , meaning mid June?

Regards
    Terje

Thanks Terje for the compliment.
    My car is still far away from factory new but it's good enough for me as it always has to act as a prototype for my experiments.
    Next is a new (totally illegal) self made exhaust system. ;)

This week I'm going to rip the M70 out of Antonin's 850 and drop in the M70B54 I prepared.
    And THEN I will finally go ahead with my car. Install the brake booster and engine incl. drive train. Some paint work needs to be done parallel on both front fenders as I found a little bit of rust.
    I have booked a hotel room for the semi local (DACH region) season opening meeting mid April in the Black Forrest and am not planning to go there in a rental car. :laugh:

Cheers
    Wolf

• You should be really proud of the work you have done on your car Wolf!! It look's amazing:top:
    Also love the color ;)

it's not how many miles on a tank,
    but how many smiles;-)

Svein

1993 840ci/6 Supercharger

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!