After 9 years the time has come to say goodbye.

• I've enjoyed 9 years driving, maintaining and tinkering with my car, but with other changes in my life the time has come to part company.
    After owning the car for so long I am simply ready for a change.
    I will miss it, but am now ready to say goodbye.
    It will appear for sale in the next few weeks for about £8750 and we'll see what happens.

• Whole car is in great nick, with full rear suspension rebuild, EDC shocks rebuild, Aircon rebuild, etc.
    It has every extra and some unique features and flawless paint - but 9 years is 9 years.
    Time for something different :)

• I have already bought its replacement. Had to know it was the right car before I sold the 840.
    I nearly bought a DB7, more than once, but other than the gorgeous looks I found both variants oddly disappointing to drive (bits creaking and trim falling off didn't help).
    I needed to break out of the classic car trap (and its zero NCD insurance entitlement) and buy something that would not cost the earth to insure or tax and do a long journey with zero effort and reasonable economy.
    So let's get it over and done with, confession time, after quite a bit of searching I've bought a 2009 BMW 635d sport with a glass roof and all the toys. Yes. I know. But I'm happy with it and I guess that's what matters :)

• Good advert - but black text on a dark-grey background is hard to read quickly. It is worth putting everything in a frame so that the line-width is constant without some lines of text going right across the screen. Here's one I did for my last E31:

http://meeknet.co.uk/e31/r121sru/index.htm

• Your name's been on this forum ever since I can remember and so we'll definitely be sorry to see you go. The 6-series is a fine car and a few months ago I was almost tempted by an 2005 M6 version with the V10.:smile:

• Zitat von arnie;118779

The 6-series is a fine car and a few months ago I was almost tempted by an 2005 M6 version with the V10.:smile:

The M6 was my original choice, but I love the panoramic glass roof (not available on the cf roofed M6) and also love the 40 mpg, cheap tax and insurance of the diesel, but most of all, I love the 427 ft/lb of torque from the twin turbo :)

And thanks for the comments Timm. Will tweak when I get a moment.

• Well, the Aston Martin was for me always the only Car after the 850, so now that I have one beside the 8, I really love it until it comes to work on this Car :oops:
    No way to compare it with an BMW, but the positive surprise was, the Car is held simple, that makes it absolut easy to work on. So why not keeping the 8 beside... what ever Car you prefer :grin2:

• Zitat von ukzero;118785

The M6 was my original choice, but I love the panoramic glass roof (not available on the cf roofed M6) and also love the 40 mpg, cheap tax and insurance of the diesel, but most of all, I love the 427 ft/lb of torque from the twin turbo :)

And thanks for the comments Timm. Will tweak when I get a moment.

Yes, I know many (including one guy who could afford any car on the planet) who have opted for the 635d (or the newer 640d) and are they are all extremely happy with it because of the performance with combined economy. I think over 90% of all 6-series sales in the UK were diesels. Also, according to reviews the 635d is arguably a better car than the newer 640d. You could almost get that torque from an 850 cSi, but not at 40 MPG.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!