Norwegian West coast Tour 08.2015

• Getting close to hotel payments now , we have this list of paying participants coming :winkwink:
    And we have had a cold May and looking like a cold June , this means we are saving the good weather for you guys in August :devilchilli:
    Hoping for a few more to join so please hurry.

Please share on the German and French forum

Armin & LuciaTyskland
    Steve Kozma & Lilly Wagner
    Fredi Hatt & ManuelaSveits
    Martin Brugger & Christoph Brugger
    Helmer Per & MariaSverige
    Christer Ronnegard & Emilia Pohl
    Tom de Zeeuw & Bob KenterNederland
    Bo Nielsen & BenteDanmark
    Pål RønningNorge
    Terje Nordhus & Chanette + Camilla
    Egil Sandvik
    Jan Pedersen & Grethe
    Egil Helgheim
    Tor Jamne
    Erik Holmen & Margareth
    Sigurd Ellingsen & Anne Johanne Vagle
    Terje Hagland & Janne Salvesen
    Per Arne Johansen
    Jørn Stapnes Iversen
    Bente and Dagfinn Holm
  • What are the Norwegian regulations for a drone? Not that I have one (yet). Just wondering so someone could take great pictures.
    I'll take my GoPro with me. Are there more persons with extra equipment than their smartphones?

• Lots of people have drones, so no problem there.
    I will use my GoPro attached to my car in various places during the trip, And Terje will do the same.
    I will also bring my Eos 60D SLR for normal pictures.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Terje, is it correct that the toll for the road usage in Norway is collected automatically, based on the license plate? (except for Atlanterhavsvegen and Svinesundforbindelsen E6).
    So except for that two roads, one does not have to stop to pay the fees?

Cheers,
    Steve

• I think you are right. You can even connect your credit-card to your license plate so you don't have to stop at all!
    If you do not do that, you stop at the tollbooth and pay. The other toll road costs will be send to the holder of the license plate, may take some time (more than 2 months after the trip to Norway). Correct me if I'm wrong, never been to Norway with a car. With a truck it was like this around Oslo.

More info here:
    http://www.autopass.no/

• I understand the Alpina group has radio's they use on trips like this.
    Is there anyone who might be able to buy one for me and bring it to Norway when the arrive?
    I know Terje has one so it would be nice to have on with the same band.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Hi Egil!

Christoph & Martin did some extensive testing with Radios and Antennas. (German)
    Since then, many of us bought the Intek MT5050 Radio so I guess this is the most used one here. (Beside the old analogue Radios)
    This Radio allows some customization to overcome the limits set by legal requirements.
    Some of the necessary modifications can be done quickly, some require more effort. (Changing the antenna foot for example).
    As in Germany the EXport Model of this Radio (in which the modifications are already done) is not available, I ordered mine in Italy.
    Here is the Link

Some of us here bought their Radio from the same source and as I heard everyone got theirs quickly and without any problem.
    I can't remember how long it took to get mine but it came with a parcel service and not with standard post.
    There is still a week left so maybe it would be there in time if you order.

Cheers
    Steve

• Terje, that's the one I also used before but now I bought the one in my link. These two are not compatible as the one is analog the other is digital.
    We should then agree before we drive which one we use.
    I would prefer the digital one as it does not require the big Antennae and as I know the Swiss group will use this one.
    It would be also possible that someone use both, and relays important information to the other group.

• Zitat von Martin;127288

The swiss team use only the digital radios (pmr). I have 5 pmr radios, so 3 are free for use by others :grin2:

many greetings

Thanks Martin
    Could come handy while traveling

Guess it would be to easy if all where using the same :harhar: , but assume the Alpina group still uses the Midland Alan CB ?

Regards
    Terje

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!