Help, Is this 850 Ci or i?

• hi,
    I live in S. Korea and am looking for a nice conditioned 850ci.
    I found one on one of used car site in Seoul but can't tell if it is Ci.
    Seller says it is Ci but it does not have the Steptronic. Instead, it has regular 5 speed automoatic. It says 1995 850ci and it only has 36000km.
    My question is that if there is 850 Ci model which has 5spd automatic instead of steptronic?
    Please goto below site, and click the photo of 8. There should be a photo of its interior where it shows the automatic. There is a photo of its engine room as well so someone should be able to figure out what it is.
    Thank you.

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/cy…ct=&gubun=&user=&country=

• Post at Roadfly also

I would post this question at "www.Roadfly.com" on the 8 series message board as well. That would maximise chances for you.

I believe that by 1995 all 8 were either Ci, or CSi but do not act on my saying. Check with others.

• The i was only built until '92 all of the rest are Ci.

I don't believe that the Steptronic was available until '96 or '97

'95 840s were just 5 speeds too.

All of the model data including how many cars were shipped to each country originally is here:

http://www.e31.net/navmodelle_e.html

Play with the videos while you are there.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I don't see anything too suspicious, except for a bunch of dropped pixels in the computer (might just be an unfortunate photo). Probably a Ci, with the 5.4l engine...

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

• I dont think that is a Ci

I just noticed something on the pictures. The plastic black engine cover belongs to pre 94s. I am not 100%sure, but I really think Ci with the 5.4 engine have a differetnt engine cover.
    Also, it does not have the side yellow blinkers right before the front wheels.
    Futhermore, 850s from that year have the seat heater controls on the console, that on the seats like 91to 93.
    You should check the vin number.

• this is not a 5,4! It is definately a 5,0 with a 4speed automatic transmission.

Maybe one of the last 5,0 that have been build!

Btw CI does not mean 5,4 Liter, also other 5,0 here in Europe have been sold by BMW as 850 CI!

But tha car is in a good shape!

Rgds Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!