Do cold tires affect 0-60MPH?

• Hi everyone. I was just wondering if cold tires affect 0-60MPH because i done it yesterday and it was 2 degrees celcius? The road was also slightly icy. By the way i managed 5.86s in drive mode. (not sport) :D:D

• Im not sure if it has a different diferential. Are there any other Uk members in the forum who have a late 840ci sport? What are your performance figures?

• Hi Genius,

I have just bought 97 840Ci Sport Auto in UK.

The book says 7+ seconds 0- 60 in with Auto box,

Maybe once the roads get less icy I'll have a try and let you know...

By the way - how did you time yourself ?

Ian.

PS - Do you have any experience with BMW extended warranty in UK ?

• I timed the run with a stopwatch. And i have purchased extended waranty every year and its well worth it. So many parts of the car are very expensive and most of them are included in the warranty.

• I think that it would be a little longer to 60 than that. Remember that BMW speedos are renowned for being out and that it is also law IIRC that cars just read a little over the speed that you are doing, ie if the speedo said 60, you would actually be doing 56 etc.

The only real way to get a true reading would be to get the hardware/software that can calculate your speed but this is expensive.

Al

• Speedo errors

I was wondering about the speedo calibration myself, as I could notice a difference between the speedo and what the computer said I was going. I thought I had calculated approx 7 percent error, i.e. speedo read 75 but was actually doing 70, from timing mile runs with cruise set.
    I WAS WRONG. I had the cruise set dead on 80 the other day and got stopped by a not so happy police officer (55mph zone, oops). He got the same reading as my speedo, 80mph.
    I am running 18" rims with 265/35's on the rear, so this may account for the difference in what the speedo and the computer say.

• I have a handhelp GPS that is very accurate at real time speed.

I use this to see how close the speedos are on my cars. The 8 is right on the money. Now my 4Runner is off about 8 mph according to the GPS.

Mike

• Zitat von Genius

I timed the run with a stopwatch. And i have purchased extended waranty every year and its well worth it. So many parts of the car are very expensive and most of them are included in the warranty.

If i buy a second hand car, do you know if i can purchased extended warranty? How much it will cost for a year?

Thanks

• The BMW Warranties are excellent.

Mine costs me UK£650 per year and covers almost everything including exhaust.

BUT - You can only extend a BMW Warranty - they won't let you buy a new one for a BMW where warranty has expired.

If you are looking for Warranty protection, make sure you buy a car which has current valid BMW Warranty that you can extend.

Ian

• Thank you. Unfortunately, the car i'm looking for has a 12-month warranty, but not a BMW one. It's more like an insurrance warranty against reliability issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!