Should it stay on

• Car parked, lights off, alarm on, but parking light on auto shift stays on should this happen, is it normal. Any help appreciated. This is my first day with this car everthing else is AOK. If you could see the smile on my face.
    840ci Sport 1998. 25k mls

• Ref light

Not that im aware of.
    It does not on mine.
    The only lights that stay on for about 10 seconds on entry or until key is put in ignition are the three interior lights if they are in the correct switch position.

• Chris, Thanks just one niggle to sort. Just looked at your pics I noticed your M badge on rear was that standard on the 850 if not I must get one.
    Regards.
    Alasdair

• Alastair,

I just checked mine.

The P was not lit when I checked - but on opening door and locking again it stayed on for few minutes. It is lashing with rain here so I dived back in house so couldn't wait to see if it went out.

My guess then - is that it stays on for a few minutes before going out.

I also have 1 flashing red light on stereo and 1 flashing red LED of alarm indicator (top left by gear stick)

Ian

• M badge

Hi Alisdair.
    The M Badge is available from the main dealer as a part but I think you will find that unless you have a chasis number for an M3 or M5 they might not supply you.
    "They don,t approve of badging non M cars".
    I purchased mine from http://www.cooksferry.com by mail order under the BMW section.
    There are numerous M badges and other goodies as well.

Regards

Chris.

Chris

• M Badge.

Sorry just noticed I spelt your name wrong.
    When you post a reply it automatically e mails you via the site so there is no need to send e mail separately unless you don,t wish anyone else to see the message you are sending.
    Welcome to the site!.
    If I can assist you any further don,t hessitate to contact me either way.

Chris

• The car takes approximately 15 minutes to completely turn itself off.

If you shut the car off and stay inside for a while you will periodically hear motors running as the climate control returns to default positions.

The odometer and gearshift indicator lights stay on for a period of time also.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Ian Terry & Chris.
    Ian when I checked again after looking through the window 20 times after the 2 nd time it had gone off LOL but kept on looking. Very similar to My Old Volvo S80 That used to take 30 min for all comps to turn off.
    Chris I must try and get one.
    Thanks All.
    Alasdair

• Just as a friendly note on ///M badges.

First let me state that I personally don't really care-it is your car.

General consensus on several BMW boards that I frequent is if it isn't an M it should not have an M badge.

The only 8 no one comments on M badges is the 850CSi which really is an M, just not an M8.

V12 badges are considered a matter of individual taste and usually admired by many. However that usually sparks a discussion on BMW versus MB V-12 insignia.

Upgrading "lesser" models to Csi bodywork is routinely admired.

So if you post pictures on Roadfly be prepared for a lively discussion.
    Only a few on Bimmerforums would know the difference (mostly kids with 3s that I encourage to drool occasionally) but they can find a Fake M3 at 10,000 meters in deep fog.

Currently they are beating each other up over blacked out rear lights. Roadfly is usually a quite civil place though.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Have to agree with Terry on this one... no M car no M badge, leave that
    to the kids with the 3 series... :lol:
    even took my 850 badge off, like it better without,

• It stays on

Thanks all problem solved badging will stay as original. Just a flash of stupidity that I go through.
    But never mind we all have a little foeubles. Like mine is spelling LOL

• Badges

Frank,
    Was in Holland with my Partner "Female" last year but picked a very interesting weekend. Well we thought it was funny it was Gay Fest in Amsterdam about 5000 gays. The thought of naked women on badges sounds interesting being hetro LOL I am determined to get a real model to pose semi naked on my BMW and then post it in my album. Should get some interesting replies from the PC members.
    TTFN
    Alasdair

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!