Made me laugh!

• It does work but it is not the kind of thing you would want to do to your engine.

The resistor you get shifts the intake manifold temperature reading and fools the computer into thinking it has to change the fuel ratio.

Chipping a BMW engine should mostly be a change in the Full throttle mapping (80 to 100% throttle) to control / enrich the high rpm mixture.

This little gizzie gives something like that enrichment ALL of the time!!

Bye cats!! Bye little motor!!

There must be 50 variants including fancy little electronic boxes on E-bay.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I think the first one of these I saw was a resistor with shrink tube on it.

It will match all of the statements in the ad except for a proveable +20 HP and even that may be true on some conservatively tuned engines.

I just wish I had thought of it first!! I'll bet the total sales of this little track day shortcut is in the Million$

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Zitat von TerryY

I just wish I had thought of it first!! I'll bet the total sales of this little track day shortcut is in the Million$

purely because of the small cost of purcahse, if it doesnt work then it doesnt matter

• THANKS!

Thanks guys,
    I was tempted to buy this. I saw it (or something similar) on e-bay last week. Like Al says, it's only cheap so if it doesn't work you can simply bin it.
    Thanks once again!
    Nick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!