• :?::?: During 2003 I filmed a car show at the NAC Stoneleigh "Kit Cars"
    There were a number of car clubs in attendance. Whats the chance of having a UK Meet at Soneleigh during 2004 at one of the shows for E31 members. Its a good venue. Anybody interested ????????? NAC not far from Warwick and Stratford -upon- Avon. If there is any interest I will find some more information.
    Alasdair.

• might be possible to make that an international meeting, im only 15 min away from the harwich ferry, see if i can bring some others along, might be interesting :lol:

• ClubE31 is the Forum, 8-Fest is the Event Website

Hey Frank;

8-Fest's sole mission is to do event management for worldwide 8 Series meetings. Forums are are the domain of ClubE31.

Want to be a facilitator? Great!

• Lerts Meet.

:twisted::twisted: Hang about Lads I only wanted a bloody small meeting in the UK. Didnt know it had to be Official. And yes I would love to pop over to Holland. How come Stateside have to get involved :P:P:P I would think we may get about 6 turning up 4 a meet. But we will have to see.
    If you get to be a Facilator can you get a cure for it. Is this a local problem. :oops::oops::oops:
    Lots of love to all Keep the replies coming in the more the merrrriiieeerrrrrr :D:D:D
    Alasdair "BigMac" :oops::oops:

• Lets Meet

Frank
    Like you, where is it I could not find it either. What is 8-Fest anyway. Do they have meetings in the States. I don,nt mind telling them I am organising a meet in the UK, BUT what is it to do with them LOL

• as i understand the 8-fest just does the event management, good enough for me, if we get these meetings done will post them on the fest-site.

As i posted before i'm in Rotterdam about 15 min from the harwich-hoek van holland ferry, no problem finding a hotel and i do have enough space to park the cars behind closed gates if needed. Only 30 minutes from amsterdam (if desired). :roll:
    Will look for a date, one meeting in spring, one meeting in the fall, we might try to get our german brothers along :lol:

Sounds promising :shock:

• How about spring in the UK and fall in Holland, my company building is in the port area and i can get enough space to set up a meeting there, if we want with the local tunerboys, but right now there are paving the area and thats gonna take another 6 months :roll: , so in the fall would be great.... , how about a bbq, music, kartracing, etc..... 8)

• I didn't expect Alasdair's reply like that...

There's a lot going on in cyberspace to promote the 8 Series. Rather than compete with everyone, Philippe, Andreas, and I are collectively working together to strengthen the 8 Series community worldwide.

We've teamed with Philippe to get this site back on line as we were able to secure cost-effective web services in North America for ClubE31.Net on his behalf. Is that offensive that someone from the states helped out here?

We're teaming with ClubE31.De and Philippe to get a new logo to avoid copyright issues with BMW. The current roundel logo is out-of-compliance.

We're teaming to put together an event meeting registration site, 8-Fest, done: http://www.8-fest.com/events/20045thschedule.cfm to get folks together around the world or locally in meetings. In a nutshell, 8-Fest at the moment is: 8-Fest.Com represents the collective BMW 8 Series fan base in North America. This site is a coordination point for all E31 North America meetings and events. The BMW 8 Series was imported into North America 1990-97 and is considered one of the finest blends of design, technical innovation, and driving experience to date. Currently 8-Fest.Com has over 300 BMW E31 owners registered in North America and continues to monthly grow its fan base.

8-Fest.Com will soon be evolving into a worldwide site with connectivity with ClubE31.Net. Want to have a meeting but without the hassle of registration, etc.? We're there to do it.

Currently we're supporting a small Wine Tour meeting in Northern California for a small group of 8's. See an example of how that's being done. See the Events-At-A-Glance section: http://www.8-fest.com/events/index.cfm

At the end of the day, the 8 Series community is a very small community. We're dedicated to helping each other. I suggested we could help out the registration element of your proposed meeting. All free.

Also, in another post, since we're receiving POSITIVE press coverage in the states on the 8 Series, I've offered to send anyone interested in copies of Bimmer Magazine as a courtesy.
    http://www.clube31.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=821

Oh, by the way, who am I? Presently I'm the E31 Registry Agent for North America in association with the BMW Clubs. The official North American E31 Registry will be located at http://www.8coupe.com sometime during this quarter.

Sorry to be venting here...and perhaps Alasdair you meant it in good fun. Nonentheless, a lot of us have invested in the resources and time to give the E31 its proper due and forum(s) to showcase the car...and it's working to change perceptions.

• i'm pretty sure nothing was meant by it, we where just thinking about this small meeting between a couple of 850 owners and within a few hours 4 countries and a lot of people were involved.
    I have nothing against registering anything and am happy Philippe receive's help from all over the world, so when any meeting is set up we will let you know...

btw where are y located in the US???, i am flying to miami next week and passing cali,ohio and maryland...anywhere close???

good luck,

• Denver Colorado - Rocky Mountains

Hi Frank.

I live in the Rocky Mountain States (USA Mountain West). Denver is the Mile High City - a mile above sea level.

Denver is more than halfway across the USA (about 2000 miles from Maryland, Ohio), and 3500 miles from Miami.

Even if it's a small meeting...what the heck....think of the scrapbook you'll create through pix/video at 8-Fest.Com.

Safe journey to our fair country. There's a lot of 8 Series enthusisasts in Maryland. Check out Roadfly.Org (e.g. Faisal in Maryland, John in DC, etc.).

• Hi Jud.
    I ment to generate interest and by the replies I think I have achieved what I set out to do. Don,nt you think so. I would suggest that details of who does what when and where they do it would be helpful to all new members to the club E31. It would appear that this information is coming forth my way and also to these pages LOL. Anyway our small meet hear in the UK may be about 6 of us who are members of GB BMW Club meeting at the NAC Warwickshire at one of the shows where BMW showcase vehicles in the UK. I am just getting the dates from the NAC to publish to see what response I get. I will also be making a broadcast quality video. Another hobby of mine. If anybody was offended my rantings.
    Soreeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.
    10 10 till we do it again.
    Alasdair (BigMac)
    Stop taking the p-ss
    who said that???

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!