• swirl

You said: Ian recommeded that I check out the detailing section of Roadfly which I have done.

That was a good advice, great people there. In the end it all comes to what YOU like. But it takes a long time to reach that point :?

You said: I will look at the Guru wax report.
    I think that will solidify your Zaino choice and it will give you a few tips on howTo/NotTo type of things.

You said: (assuming you are French-Canadian?).
    Correct.

You said: I love Calypso red.
    Even this was not intended to me....I must say I love Calipso red immensely. Personally I think you made a big mistake when you chose the blue.... you should have bought both cars... :twisted: Mine is Black, with natural leather interior. Nothing exotic I must say, but on the other hand ... very classic. For the car I got... no complaint. there was only 46,000 km on it. Not bad for a 1991 6speed. The man had it in a garage, and kept it in the warhouse when ever he took it to work if it rained. He had a 5 cars collection. Jaguars, Corvette, BMW, and sold this one to me as he was buying a Ferrari F40. THe poor guy had no more room in his garage so I eased his pain off. :twisted:8)8)

You said: Thanks once again.
    No Prob man... this is as much fun for me as for you.

You said: I am looking forward to the spring/summer - it is this time when I personally think that the 8's come to life!
    Well it sure is the time I COME TO LIFE..... Darn long...long winter. I almost took it out yesterday, but my insurances are off for the winter. Don't worry it wasn't my wisdom that stopped me it was my wife's. :wink:

There are apparently quality in "Clay" . You could buy yours from Zaino if you order there they sell some and their product are certainly reputeable. If not McGuire sells some. Bottom line I think any one reputable company must sell good clay bar.

Have fun. This is a long tedious job. But man you will be happy.

Le Transporteur.

• Zitat von al

I love that pic - REALLY does the car justice! :P

I totally agree. Even my wife said she loved the angle of that pic - damn i hate it when my wife tells me that another guy has come up with a better position!!!!!!!!!! Nick :wink:

• By swirl marks, do you mean lots of very fine scratches in the wax or clear coat? If so, the solution is simple. My friend found the answer. His black 1993 RX7 looks perfect, and I mean perfect. The scratches come from the type of cloth you are usind to buff out the wax. Cotton and terry cloths all leave these scratches. The cloths to use are the microfine towels. They are available here in the USA at any Walmart or major chain store. They come in a light green and light blue. They are small and a few bucks a piece, but they are the only choice for a black car, period! You'll use two to do your car, and they wash in the wash machine. They are clingy, so if you put them in the dryer with other things like towels, they will have lots of junk stuck to them when you pull them out. They say they are good for drying, but they are really not.

For the last 2 years I have been attending the Barrett Jackson auction in Arizona where I lived untill recently. There I have the opportunity to talk to the heads of McGuires car wax company. They always have their tractor trailer parked there next to the staging lanes, where the cars sit right before they go across the block. 2 years ago I was having a problem with their gold class car wax clouding. They told me I was using too much product. They were right. This year my friend and I tried their synthetic chamoises and they are wonderfull. They are a heavy cheese cloth looking piece of synthetic fabric that absorbs an amazing amount of water and does not leave streaks. They worked so well we couldn't resist the urge to test them out by cleaning off and detailing the nearest wet car (it had just drizzled a bit) some ladies Edsel was the closest vehicle and as such got the full treatment, trunk jams, door jams, under hood etc... I strongly recommend them and would insist on the microfine cloths for everyone here if I could. The best thing to apply wax with (according to McGuires) is their yellow foam pads or something like it. They are a bit stiff and do not apply wax very thick, but that is what you want, a thin even coat. I have been using the yellow foam pads to put wax on and the microfine towels to take it off on my black 750iL and have not seen a swirl mark since. Hope this helps.

• Meguiars

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the post.

The marks I am talking about are very fine scratches which are circular. They do appear on most dark cars.

I agree. Chloths are extremely important. However, in my particular case, although I use Zymol cotton towels and microfibre wipes, I still have the swirls. I think that my swirls are quite deep, although they only look light.

I've also been using Gold Class shampoo which I agree is excellent. But have recently started using the Mirror Glaze shampoo/conditioner - it's awesome! I've also got the synthetic micro-drying towel which I am impressed with also - I used it for the first time yesterday on another car.

You mentioned the yellow Meguiars foam applicators. I have used these but find them too full of air. I personally think that Zymol applicators are more effective - but that's just personal choice.

Meguiars have some great products. I was recently in the States and was guled to the Speef Channel which is sponsored by Meguiar's. Not only do they have great products, the Meguiar family also come across as totally genuinely devoted to the automitive industry.

Happy detailing!

Nick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!