• Here are some pics of Rear Wings on some cars from our Japanese friend
    I think there are some from RD :roll:

Warning, I can be wrong !

I guess this is blue RD :

Blue BMW CSI :

This is Ac Schnitzer :

Blue Ac Schnitzer :

Silver Ac Schnitzer :

All I know, is that IMHO, a wing totally ruins the goergous design of the car

• After seeing again all these pics, I see the blue 8 with the gold sticker SEV is maybe Racing Dynamics too,

I don't know, see on official photos :

This one is not literally on the hood :

Like this one :

I think I got some better photos back in my archives and from meetings...

• My car unfortunately came with a wing like the one in the bottom pics. Matches the shape of the car perfectly and looks good from the back, but ruins the cars sleek lines from the side.

The wing, (like most if not all of them) requires major work to not look blatently aftermarket. Much as in the 8th pic from the bottom, (blue just above the pic with SEV on the back) you can see the waves in the top of the wing. Looking at it in the right light will make you cringe. Mine had a crack in the back, and there is a recess in the middle rear on the bottom, looks like it is for a 3rd brake light.

I took the wing to a body shop and they are blocking out the wing, fixing the crack and filling the recess. When it comes back at least it should look like it could have come from BMW. They are only charging me $130 for the work, so not bad. Probably about what you would pay to have it painted the first time. So I would not say to stay away from this wing, it is actually quite well built and stylish, just make sure the place you take it to for the paint does it right when they prep it, or you will be unhappy.

I have a Racing Dynamics rear diffuser that I bought for my last car, (the thing that goes under the car between the exhaust tips). Biggest piece of junk. So weak that you can crush it with your finger tips. Had cracks down the seams when it arrived. The paint shop I took it to would not just paint it, saying it would crack soon (worried about their reputation, can't blame them). We figured out a price for filling it with expanding foam to give it some structure and a price for grinding and re-glassing the cracked seams, but it was too expensive, in the hundreds.

I called them, (Electrodyne, which is who you have to buy them from, at least here in the U.S.A.) and they immediatly said it was shipping dammage. They would not answer me when I asked them how they knew, as they had not seen it since they packed it. This seems to be a technique of theirs. They make you sign a multi page contract when you buy it, stateing that all claims for shipping dammage have to be made in a certain number of days etc etc etc. When you call they immediatly say it's shipping dammage without even asking what the dammage looks like or where it is on the part, NICE! They don't take back defective parts, at least not without a return authorization which they will not give you, (at least they will not give me), NICE again! Stay away from these jokers like the plague. I do think the diffuser would be nice if it weren't junk, actually think it looks better on the car better than the CSI unit.

• I agree, but my car was already aflicted with one. I would have the holes fixed and the trunk lid re-sprayed except the wing scrached up the edges of the quarter pannels and I would have to re-shoot both quarter pannels and the roof to not have any blend lines, always visible on ablack car. Being that it is a fairly low miles car, I am re-installing the wing.

• M5 style wing on 8 series

Any one up for an M5 style wing? I think it might look good and will help retain the stylish curves of the 8! Anybody done this? I'd like to see pics. PM me.

John

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!