colour for an 850?

• Hello all

More than a year now without my beloved 8 series. Still miss the old dear, but the family situation just didn't suit.

Anyway, things on the up, looking to get back into 8 ownership in the medium term.

Now here's a query for you:

I've got the chance to get an 8 built for me, starting with a brand new unused shell. I might go this route if it works out okay for costs, and I can get the right engine / gearbox / interior mix sorted. But as the shell is brand new, I could conceivably have it painted any colour I like.

So suggestions anyone?

I'm thinking about Orient Blue, Velvet Blue, some other nice blue, or some nice black colour like the new Carbon Black from M3s.

Your thoughts greatly appreciated...

Simon

• Hi Simon,

Yeah I'm in Glasgow.

Are you or you freind with the other Velevt Blue car interetsed in the Gaydon meeting near Warwickin August ?

We're going to get an 8 series convoy down from Scotland picking other cars up along the M6 en route.

By the way - the Velvet Blue and Alpinas on the repmobile - classic combo , no wonder the wife loves it. :D

Cheers,

Ian.

• i could...

Hey Ian

Well new baby depending (due in a few weeks)... we were thinking of a trip or two down south to see the rellies and August does sound rather a nice time. I'll keep in touch about that, and pencil it into my diary.

I'll ask a few people that I know in Aberdeen with their 8s too, and I'll try and track down another 850CSi owner here.

As for a convoy, well I could, but you'd all have to catch up with me. That repmobile has a beating heart for sure. Those Alpinas are not just for show, you know....!!!

Speak soon, kind regards

Simon

• well...

My other other car, the real family friendly one (have a peek at the personal gallery / album - I've put a couple of piccies of my cars there), actually has radar detector and laser garage door operated opening device all built in, nice and tidy, like a factory option. You'd never notice!

And if we take THAT one, then you would almost certainly not catch up. Well not on the straight bits anyway, too cowardly to steam around the corners)......!!!!!

That's also another nice colour, but I still have some trouble visualising the colours on an 8 series. IMHO some colours just look trash, even though they look nice on smaller cars (Estoril Blue for example).

Nice M3 site with the colours BTW. I think Aegean Blue is the pick of the bunch there.

• Not Dakar Yellow?!

Argh. Not Dakar Yellow surely? I know it looks nice on someone else's car, but imagine waking up to that every day. Especially if one chose yellow leather....

• Hi Bertie

Your friend's car looks a similar colour to mine - Barbados Green - which actually looks more blue than green and is very attractive as the colour changes considerably in differing lights. :wink:

What are the wheels on your friend's car?

John

• details...

Hi John

Nice car there; I'd not thought about the green to be honest, but you're right - Barbados Green does look rather more blue than green, at least on your pictures.

Graham's car was Aqua Blue, for sure - saw it written on the front suspension mounts... Lovely interior too (piccy below, as I'm sure he doesn't mind sharing them...).

His wheels were the BMW option at the time; I think they were called M-II parallel or something like that. Will ask. I also think that they were 19" rather than 18" but again will get some details.

Kind regards

Simon (Bertie was my 8 series, rather than me.....!)

• Simon, personally I think the darker colours suit the 8's shape better. If it were me I'd avoid white, silver and light grey like the plague. The darker colours...well just go for one you like, whether it be black, green or blue based.

Mine is Diamond Black. I am really happy with it, especially with the black/grey bi-colour interior. :D

BTW, where on earth are you getting a brand new 8 series bodyshell from?!??! :?

• Zitat von Sniff

BTW, where on earth are you getting a brand new 8 series bodyshell from?!??! :?

cant imagine it being brand new as they simply dont make them anymore - it is more than likely just going to be unused for whatever reason.

Al

• well of course it wasn't made this last few months but it's straight from the factory, never been used, only been primed ad never had anything screwed onto it...

i'll find out the exact build date out of interest...

simon

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!