• Lack of Communication!!!!!!! Whats going on within this Forum, very few people seem to be posting. Have you all sold your 8,s. Just have a look at latest posts and the dates. It seemed very busy just before and after xmas but now its gone dead whats not working whats going wrong if anything. WHO IN THE UK IS GOING TO GAYDON IN AUGUST
    Love to all
    Alasdair

• I dont know where everyone is...

I visit on a daily basis to check out posts and perform my moderator tasks but no1 is posting so i have nothing to do.

• I totally agree ...

I log on daily but have also come to th eopinion that this forum is almost dead.

I find Roadfly to be far more active !

I want to come to Gaydon - but I haven't seen the registration pages open yet.

Ian.

• Death

Anybody got any ideas why this Forum is slowly dying. Seems to to be in all Countries. Is the main organiser still in charge or what. I know the information pages are great. But without people being active its all a waste of time.
    Gaydon.
    I have tried to get a registration form from 8Fest. If you have a look at all my posts I have posted full details about the venue and directions. I did note a deal of interest in Bird Pics but even that got a load of crap thrown at it.
    SO ALL WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO

• I suggest the Gaydon event gets its own pages here on ClubE31.

We need to be able to see the following:-

1) Dates
    2) A list of people attending, their email address and what part of UK they will be coming from.
    3) A list of recommended hotels
    4) Directions
    5) Are we planning to meet socially on the Saturday ? If so what are we going to do ?

Just an idea - but I agree - this board is not as busy as it has been.

The other option is to see if the 8 Fest site would host a UK page ?

Just my 2 pence worth

Ian.

• The Website and Gaydon

As far as this site goes I find it very good but a little complex to navigate. Maybe it's just me.

As for the UK meet count me in. I'll love the drive up from sunny devon...

Lets hope the enthusiasm for this site grows...

All the best

• I'll be there from East Sussex. Just bought a 840Ci having had had a 850i in the past with a 740i in between. Certainly seems a lot less activity than when I used to visit when I had the 850.

• graydon meet august o4

hi everyone i am definatly going to be there just waiting for more info

maybe icould catch up with snitz from devon as iam coming from sunny cornwall with added pasty power

lets all keep this site alive its a bit of a bummer being a one fingered typist
    regards
    steve p : :

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi SteveP

Tell you what...
    I'll bring the Cider & Real Ale, You bring the Pasties...

But the best Pasties I ever tasted came from a little shop in St Just..

Where abouts are you in Cornwall... I'm betwixt Okehampton and Launceston...

Regards...

• pasties n cider dont know about that

hi yer snitz

just breezed through launceston today on routeto hayle west cornwall
    after acouple of boozy days with my daughter at her pub in st albans
    whilst there i took the 840 to have the ecu changed she now puts out
    302 bhp & around 12% more torque.

the result was an even smoother power delivery which i enjoyed to full
    returning home just under 4hrs.

also visted r tecs store in st albans if you need after market wheels check them out, whilst there i bought so more maguires polishes
    which are the biz also ordered a kn panel filter which should be here
    in a few days hopefully she ll breathe more efficiently then

i ll be sure to let you know

regards steve p

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi everyone!!
    We must have ameet soon. The last meet was really good in Birmingham when 25 cars or so turned up. We all must make an effort. Th eelousy British weather and tempermental nature of the 8 series makes it difficult but we really must encourage each other and a meet would be an incentive to get our cars in order and have a nice time!!

May bank holliday sounds good. any suggestions?

with kind regards

polashky

• Hi Polashky

Good to see you back. :D

You're right - the meet in Birmingham, or was it Warwick, was excellent and we should do it again. Unfortunately May Bank Holiday is not a good time for me - you know, I work when others play!! :cry: Sometime in the summer maybe?

I noticed that Alexey was back on this forum but haven't heard from him yet. Are you still in touch with Johnster? Hope you get some local support and if I can get away I will, so let me know the date you decide on.

Keep in touch

John

• Hi John.
    How are you?How is your car? I am still in touch with Johnster and we go out for drinks occassionally. He is away this weekend at Rutland water but i am sure that he is up for it.

Depending on what people say we can adjust the date slightly or have 2 meets.

see you soon!
    polashky

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!