Reunion...> Is this site worth saving?

• Club E31

Listen guys, lets face it although this site has some failings, and by all account phillipe, but it is still THE best site for us 8 owners out there, lets give it the support that it has given us, i for one do not WANT to use roadfly, and be a member of a branch of a larger club. This site is exclusive, for us, what price is that worth, surerly some patience is not alot for what we get.

Alan

• we're wandering around with no shepard now. so all in all what can we come up with? how can we preserve our subculture? this would be a bad waste if we just migrated and left to the roadfly guys and left here. indeed a sad state of affairs. we're the few and the proud, we can't part at the seams, if we do so then we have just sealed the doors to what is left and those who will be around in the future.

btw, in chat now.

charlie...you said the sausages be ready in 5 min, 10 min. ago!

• Listen you guys and pardon me if I sound critical.

There are a few of us on this site that seem to do all the worK! If you have a look at the last few months you will notice hafl a dozen or so names. The regulars who nare sick of hearing the bullshit about Philipe and loss of leadership, vibes and so on.

I have not seen your names in a long time do please, do yourself a reality check!

This friggin site belongs to you and me and all of us. The 'frog' has abandoned ship for reasons we dont know of let alone care about. Perhaps he has personal issues to deal with and who knows, he may stun us all at sometime so for now forget him and contributr!

If everyone who came for a look left a psoting there would not be enough tiem to read them all. take a look at the counters and you will see what I mean hundreds of lookers each week and only a handfull that bother to post anything worthwhile............

and you blame Philipe?

GET REAL, GET INVOLVED OR JUST PISS OFF ANF STOP CRYING ABOUT WHAT ISNT HAPPENING. DO SOMETHING USEFULL!

May I suggest you make a point of leaving a post EVERYTIME you come for a look. If that were to happen then this site wopuld kick ass like ther was no tomorrow.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Wow! I'm up to 3.68% of the posts here!!

Windy Bugger aren't I?

I think that I will shoot for 4% next!

I do better at trying to answer questions than random posting so help me out!

Now that I have asked, the next questions will of course be far beyond me :) Give it a try :D

Ah maybe if I cross your palms with Silver?

• Terry i'm not allowed to sear on this site but shit I like those wheels. I am looking at something similar here in Oz. 19 inch 8.5 and 19 inch 9.5.
    I have a problrm with the retailer. He doesnt tell the sam story twice. One day they are 20 mm offset and wont go on ours without spacer nad next day they are 'ET38'.

I havent a clue how to decipher the ET38 or how to determine what thickness spacers (Eibach make a range ) I would need to use to get proper clearances.

Do you have any thoughts or experience? The wheels are on http://WWW.tempetyres.com.au ndrfop down is 'strarcorp racing three'. They are the five spoke and have a wide rim like yours but in chrome with 'shadow chrome' (painted spokes) You might want to check them and express yor thoughts.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Wheel Offset post done in Modifications section

Next Question?

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Yowser!

That's it but in 19inch. The extraa width is all on the outside, like yours.
    What I like is that wide flat rim area. They have another which looks very BMW Y spoke. Everyone has them whereas the Impul is quite unique and not many on BMW's

What do you think Terry, Be honest please

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• The Impul looks like the M&K set on the 850 parked just down the line from me at 8 fest except it was just polished aluminum finish. Liked it a lot.

You don't have any Potholes in Australia? If you do have potholes and buy 19" then keep the wheels you have now too.
    I have to keep checking my 18's for bent after some of the stuff they do here with plates on top of the road to cover holes they just dug for utility improvements.

You are down to 30 series with 19". that isn't much cushion.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!