The Grand Reunion!!

• As proposed in a previous string. The third weekend of this month... and I propose the third weekend of EVERY month we all chime in.
    We are from all corners of the earth!
    We can keep this going all weekend if we ALL participate in our “Grand Reunion”.
    Please post to this “string” every third weekend, or enter the chatroom as much as possible.

Let's make our first topic easy...." what do you like the most about your car?"

[/i]

• Now theres a problem, what do i like the best , let's see.

The first time i had a csi follow me, the image in the rear view mirror was awsome, so i 'd go for the aggresive yey classic beauty

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I totally agree! I’m surprised when I see another 8 on the road. They’re very rare, it really takes me by surprise.
    I like it when someone hangs out their window and gives me a “thumbs up” as I pass by. This car makes you feel like a million bucks.

• The Grand Reunion!!

Thats a tough one. Got to be the looks for me,every angle is just right.Apparently the rear of a car is the most differcult to design & the 8s is bloody gorgeous! The list goes on....

• The rear view of the car is probably the best, although it still looks stunning all over.

When you consider how old the design is, the exterior of the car still looks fresh and modern, the dash and steering wheel are the only parts that gives its age away I feel.

My car has been parked up for almost six months now as I'm suffering the curse of the Gatsos. The amount of people who have enquired if the car is for sale or just for information on what sort of BMW it is has been amazing!

Have not regretted buying this car for a single moment!!!!!!

• I haven't regreted it either. I would like to update the interior of mine by relocating the MID display into the panel where the skylight switch is. There's not alot of room there so I would have make a new panel from scratch. With that out of the way I want to put a small flat touch screen monitor where the MID and radio are now. And a computer in the trunk, GPS, media player email and what ever else I want to pack in.
    Finding time is the only thing holding me back. I'm also afraid that down the road if I dont keep it everything original, It won't be as valuble. Might be better to keep it stock.

• I like absolutely everything about this fantastic car....

The first time I saw one in the flesh was when I was driving through the centre of London and I turned a corner and saw in the distance the most gorgeous pair of rear ends... The one which seemned to take up the whole road was of a mauritius blue 850 the other was petite and on the pavement, nice front to it too. :wink::wink:

I knew then I had to have one so I put my TVR Griffith up for imediate sale...

I still had to by the 850 first though :lol:

Can't see me being without one now...

• With out a doubt. The 850 is better looking than the new 645. I'm not sure if I like the direction BMW is going with their designs. What's up with the the 5 series headlights?

• What I like most about my e31 is that it's an e31!

What a brain snapper of a look.

Everywhere I go I get the looks that I should have had when I was younger and more able.

An old trout recently got out of her car an stood alongside me looking and oooohing and aaahing and just waiting until I got off my cellphone to chat to me about it. Man she was so old that I just kept talking to the beeps long after the call was finished!

As she walked away she just made sign language that made me wish we were both 30 years younger and single!

Hope the 8 lives as long as I do.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• I definitely like the head turning aspect it creates which in turn makes you develop the corresponding 'I know people are looking at me but I haven't noticed' technique. :)

Your right about the front profile, I've followed several people who say the car look great looking through their rear view mirror, it quite an intimidating sight.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Shiggsy that is called being cool! Do you, under your breath, also say eat your heart out'?

I find it hardtp pretend I havent noticed the looks and stares.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• So its quite likely that I'm not alone in cruising around with all the windows down enjoying a sly look at everbody staring at the car, especially those 3 series drivers wishing they got the same attention!!!!! 8)

• Shiggsy,

just don't stop trying old mate!

A slab off tinnies, a couple of footy matches, an Aussie sheila to give you a good time and your'e nearly not a Pom anymore!

Cheers

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Twave hi

don't try to figure it.

Shiggsy will explain. Its a me and him thing. We are trying to get to know each other better.

How goes it with you. This weekend is the one huh? I will tune in from time ti\o time and see if I can catch you on the forum. It would be good to chat with you guys. I would do it it on the phone, eben pay for the call, but you might have trouble understanding me and our Aussie humour

Steve Parkes reckons I crack him up. reckons I need a pill!

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• twave,
    you'll have to learn Aussi Speak like me, i'm slowly picking up the lingo (that's a small dog I think). Just a bit of harmless banter to keep some life in the old site, think of it as site CPR.

Zitat

A slab off tinnies, a couple of footy matches, an Aussie sheila to give you a good time and your'e nearly not a Pom anymore!

i''l translate,
    some corn beef, some novelty cigarettes lighters and a sheep equals a good Aussie night in.

Zitat

Steve Parkes reckons I crack him up. reckons I need a pill!

s'funny, schniz850 accused me of smoking funny weeds yesterday, we ought to compare our medication.

:)

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!