How much have you spent??????????????

• Guys

I was wondering exactly how much my 8 stands me in.!

2.5 yrs of ownership i can account for £ 11000 spent in the form service items & modifications, and i've enjoyed every penny of it. I'd be interested to see what others say!!!!!!!!!!

how many 8 nutters are out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• How much have you spent???????????????????

Hi Steve,
    I reckon around £2500.00 in the 9 months i've owned it. The guy before said he spent around £17.000, the s/s exhuast alone was in excess of £1000. Im looking to get the car resprayed in the near future,not sure what thats gonna cost yet. I think theres two things that drain the pocket more & thats women & horses.
    Les

• Re: How much have you spent??????????????

I have spent over EUR58,000 on service items & modifications for my 1991 850i and 1995 850Ci in Taiwan over the past three years. Almost every part is twice the price than in Europe here. But I really enjoy the car very very much!!!!!!!!

• Lets see what I have spent in 2 years come May.

Tires $1200 Goodyear F1--should last more than a year

Bilstien Struts and shocks $800 or so (stock units worn out). Add H&R lowering springs and K-Mac camber plates and it comes to about $2000 to $2200 all aligned---Should last more than a year

3.64 differential to replace stock $700 installed, should last forever.

K bars $900-yet to be installed should be about $400 more installation cost. Another forever.

Front spoiler cost me a spare chip I had in the drawer and $180 to get it here and painted Silver.

Strut tower brace--$400+ DIY install.

Rear wheel bearing $70 and installed it myself right after purchase.

All Filters and oil changes $150 max for two years of service. That is unless Mt St Helens goes off and the wind is blowing the wrong way Add $60 for filters waiting in the garage.

Call it $5000 for two years and most of it is for play toys!!

I could get it into 5 figures with either a supercharger or a 6 speed conversion but both of those are too long term to add to the list.

This is for a '95 840 with 140,000 miles.

That is why they are expensive-Just like a girlfriend, they need Jewelry

My wife has decided to call mine my Mistress.

• I really dont wnt to add my costs. It would frighten me!

I have spent more than half
    again what I paid for the whole car but who cares.

I love it and would do it again.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Looking like i can add another £1000 to my total.

Car is in for new bonnet to be fitted and painted, (yes another take on the vented bonnet ), the sprayer said he would have to blend the new paint into the wings, so then i asked him to flush finish my M3 wing vents, but then he said he'd have to blend the paint into the door, Whilst your painting the door ,i said can you do the door edge chips, no problem , but i'll have to blend the paint into the rear quater panel.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End result All but the roof resprayed, The things i do for my baby !!!!!!!!!!

She's worth it

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I've had mine for 1 week:

New Radiator: $900
    Belt & Tensioners: $415
    Valve Cover Gaskets: $950
    Rear Brakes & New Cross Drilled Rotors: $515
    Inspection II Items: $1300
    Oil Filter Nex: $70
    Thermostat: $215
    Front Brakes with Crossdrilled Rotors: $620
    Remus Exhaust: $950
    Input Driveshaft Seal: $300
    Intake Manifold Gaskets: $500

Total: $6735

KrisD

1991 850i Automatic Alpine White - Grey interior, AC Schnitzer Body Kit, M Parallel Silver Wheels, Remus Exhaust

• I'm looking forward to it. I had a blast with it for the 5 days I did get to drive it. Can't wait to get her back!

KrisD

1991 850i Automatic Alpine White - Grey interior, AC Schnitzer Body Kit, M Parallel Silver Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!