6 Points on my liscence in 4 hours...Way to go dumb f1Jck!!

• Talk about shit luck.....

On my trip down to see SteveP the other week I got nabbed by a mobile camera van.... twice!! both directions. I didn't see it on the way down but did on the way back but it was so soon after the brow of the hill there was no way of slowing in time.....

84 & 87mph in a 70 limit. £120 in fines and 6 points added to my 3 already..

3 more and I will be resting my right foot for a while.....

This has confirmed my thoughts about the unfair system we put up with in this country and reinforced my thoughts of emigration.

New Zealand or Australia sound about right....

Just really disillusioned with this country at the moment.....
    :cry: [/img]

• :evil:
    That sucks. That would really pi$$ me off. How long have your original 3 points got to go ?

Aren't they changing the points system at the moment, 2 points for a little over, 4 points for a lot or some such bullox like that. Don't know if you would have been better or worse off for that.

I'd really like to see some statistics on the number of people who have points on their license and the number of points they have over the years.
    There was a time when having points on your licence did mean something but the stoopid govt have completely devalued the system and it doesn't mean anything these days, your more suprised if no one has any points.

wan*ers!

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Re: 6 Points on my liscence in 4 hours...Way to go dumb f1Jc

• Mate Australia is as bad if not worse.

When they killl sheep and other livestock here they cut the part at that back of the animal (where it passes used food) and hang it on a big hook with a brick hanging off one end. There when its stretchess to 175cm they put a blue uniform on it, give it a radar gun and a big opinion and call it a cop.

My system on cameras ( they are unidentified here in Melbourne) is to sign that back of the ticket with a declaration that my daughter was driving. As it happens shes in Canada so she wont accumulate any local points. My points are almosst up so next trick is to find an international student or traveller with a passport ( so the anuses can verify if they need to) ans mention him or her as the driver. I hear they dont even bother looking for them when they see aa foreign address!

And as for cameras
    Melbourne uses fixed cameras on many high reveneue raiing locations such as freeway bridges where there has never even been a fatality.
    Also they use car mounted cameras that are in 4 wheel drives, rotten little Toyotas and the like but without any signage. Once upon a time you watched for a huge lamp on the side of the road in front of the suspect cars but now the smart bastards have infra red which means no flash lamp.

Sydney they have fixed cameras everybloodywhere including out in the sticks but at least you get six waqrning signs so if you get busted there you dont deserve a licence. One strectch in the NORTHERN EACHES AREA HAS ABOUT FOUR OT FIVE IN AN UPHILL STRECH THATS LESS THAN A KILOMERE LONG!

Queensland has all Police car mounted fixed and they put out a sign "Speed camera operating" but you guessed it, this state is where they add two bricks to the stretching process. the sign is paleced in front of the car you just passed so it should read

" open your check book again"

You see shit doesnt happen by itself, it takes an arsehole and we have so many radar weilding arseholes in this counrty we can send some to you.

Please adivise of address for freight!

Hope your days get better soon guys.

Cherrs
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Mate,

it wasnt meant to be funny though!

The good part about living in Oz is that the beer is always cold, we always love a laugh and you are all welcome to my house for a little e31 talk while the girls cook uo a storm!

Cheers all
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• I dont see how you can get disillusioned with a country for punishing you when you break the law :shock:

Yes, its shit luck, yes, we all speed at some time but its the risk we take when we do isnt it.

• I know a girl who had here license put on probation from those 3 speed cameras in about 500m up here... And yet we still get drunken people crashing and killing 3 people and only getting their license taken away for 12 months. Bullshit!

• I don't mind getting caught. It's the total gash job of proportional (or lack of) punishment to fit the crime...

Yes I should get fined but 3 points per offence is over the top, especially when we have only 12 points to play with....

1 or 2 points per offence as long as you are within a certain % of that speed i.e. 30mph limit you get 1 point / 5mph increaments up to 15mph over the limit then you are looking at a compulsory ban of 1 week+, depending how far over...
    This is for built up areas which I think should be targeted.

And please leave us the hell alone on the motorway if we are below 90 mph and there are no other cars on the road.... The autobahn works very well!!

• So true, if theres no one around why get fined? Your only endangering yourself, and if its a risk your willing to take, then so be it? 3 points is way over the top. i think if we had 24 points then thats fine, but weve only 12.

Sometimes i wish i lived in germany purely for the autobahn...

• Not going to the roads for sure. Here in australia, the death toll has been falling very, very slowly, or not at all. I think theres 200million dollars a year being made, but i know in victoria there are lots of speed cameras in country towns.

I recall a video where jeremy clarkson had a hotted up range rover vogue, and used it to rip out a speed camera. Hear Hear!!! :D

• Who cares how they get rid of it, so long as its gone!!!

We had a camera over here that had some sort of faulty code and a whole bunch of drivers got their money back... Governments dont do much other then collect money these days. Our trains run on time about 10% of the time, hospitals are really poor for a 'developed' country, not to mention our high tax rates.

I was watching a current affairs program tonight, and a woman was fined 150 bucks for her dog sleeping on her front footpath!!! Truly a world gone insane if a sleeping dog cant lie!

• Been missing this one.

Al, where are you?

People cannot get disillusioned abut breaking the law. It's the F#@*ing politicians that make the laws based on lies that piss me off.

They keep giving us bullshit about how speed kills and is responsible in such a percentage of accidents

Well folks, it is bullshit. I read an article just yesterday in Australian Wheels. A US study of the stats on injuries and fatals WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE PROOF IS THAT THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE SPEED WAS NOT THE MAJOR FACTOR. IS IS INDEED PEOPLES INABILITY TO CONTROL THEIR CARS IN GIVEN SITUATIONS AND SECOND WAS ROAD AND VEHICLE RELATED WHILE GOOD OLD REVENUE RAISING SPEED CAME THIRD!

So Al, yes we must obey the laws regardless, but how much longer do we put up with lies and deceit from politicians who have their hands in our pockets.

Perhaps if they spent the speed revenue on driver training we might not be quite as dis illusioned.

I will try to get a copy of the issue of the mag and quote you some of the more interesting highlights.

Cheers,
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Just went to get my Wheels magazine as i read that Theo....
    "In so called speed related fatal crashes in NSW, for example, 31 percent or those crashes involved a drink driver. Another 20 percent involved a deceased who wasnt wearing a seat belt or helmet. Twelve percent more involved an unlicensed driver"

Speed related??? sure...sure we belive you.

Five US researchers examined 687 crashes. "The dominate cause for rear end crashes was driver inattention (56.7 percent). Excessive speed cause none."

"looking but failing to see caused 60.8 percent of reversing crashes, including pedestrian impacts. Excessive speed ranked second, 26.6 percent. Failure to see also caused 61.8 percent of lane changing crashes, with misjudging either gap or veloctiy accounting for 26.6 percent. Excessive speed:2.2 percent"

Does anyone need more convincing???

In 'single vehcile run of road accitdents, "poor road engineering caued 20.2 percent, followed by excessive speed (17.8) and drive innatention (15.5)"

"Being drunk caused 31.7 percent of head ons, with inattention, evasive manuvering and bad road maintence cased about 18 percent each. Speed caused no head on crashes"

Theres more, but Do we need more??? nope ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!