What pisses you off with 8's?

• Im posting this as there hasnt been much new stuff on here in the last few days. I know we use this site to mix with oher 8 owners to share technical knowledge and generally show off our new stuff but what about posting anything that pisses you off about your 8?
    I know this might seem like sacrelige to some of you out there but come on there must be something that irritates you about your car. :D

• Good call Mark

Things that piss me off about the 8? Not much really apart from:

1 This is a car that cost $HK 1 million in 1994, so why are expensive trim parts mounted using little plastic clips that break off as soon as you look at them?

2 Cost of replacing the above trims due to little clips breaking

3 The 90 km/h wobblies

4 The 8 series not existing when looking for parts etc. on web sites

There's a few to start things rolling

Keith

• For the last 12 mthsi've had Hernia problems, right side, so getting out of my car right leg 1st is very painfull but worth putting up with !!!

Everything " aftermarket" is so expensive, i'm talking about a G Power brake upgrade £8000 or a Mk Motorsport brake upgrade £5000 must seem a bargin !!

I once enquired about a supercharger conversion £14000!!!!

The lack of knowledgeable mechanics/

Parts becoming obsolet, i,m seriously thinking of buying a cheap 8 for comfort of knowing i've now got what i need .

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I have to agree with steve, the lack of good mechanics is a real pain. In the UK even the BMW dealer has no idea. They actualy took my car from A1 condition to having a couple of faults after service and then they diagnose incorrectly.
    Parts availabilty is also a bit frustrating becasue there arent any !

Saying all this though i have owned some of the best cars available and my 850 is the best bar none. It is 12 years old and i love it, i only wish i could of had one new. What a car !

• The only thing I can think of is trying to get into the back seat to clean the glass. There's just no easy way to do it and once you are back there it's hard to contort enough to reach the corners of the glass!

Maybe one other thing. i love this car so much, i want to keep spending money on it, and that's way too easy to do.

Paul

• No GO from 0 (zero) Pronounced no Go from Oh.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Dead Pixels on the OBC is the biggest!! 3 times I have changed that computer!!! And it is not cheap. My wife is always complaining that the seats are uncomfortable for her. (LOL) I don't really see what she means.

Also the OBC is constantly saying something is wrong when nothing is wrong. Like "low beam failure"

But as we all know the car is one of the best there is.

• Zitat von tugwood

They don't have a refridgerator and toilet . i'd like to live in mine.

You might be able to adapt the rear armrest fridge from the old 635 and look into the pilot relief tube concept from the aircraft industry.
    :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I can never see my radio display durring the day without shading it.

The gap between my stock wheels and the body line.

• what pisses me off...

What pisses me off , is that I can't park it any where without
    having the NOISE banged , this is the third time I fixe it.
    What pisses me off , is the crazy OBC , Light and information.
    What pisses me off , is when my sun takes it saturday night and give it
    to any valley parking to go to a restaurant or night club.
    What pisses me off , is the usual question " Is it 8 Cyl. or 12 Cyl ?
    What pisses me off , is that I can't buy another one to have TWO .

• O.B.C that tells me I have" rear numberplate light failure" every time I put it in reverse when the lights are on,drivers window shutting with a "CLACK"( just started) the £630.25p I paid yesterday for n/s and o/s inner track rod ends,n/s and o/side outer track rod ends, n/s and yeah you guessed it, upper control arm inner bushes, ctr drag link, n/s steering idler bush, n/s o/s anti roll bar bushes and 4 wheel alignment, Phew!!!

BUT, she drives like new now ,I didnt realise how me putting up with wandering and vague steering was irritating me taking all the fun away from driving. I drove to N.Wales last night round trip of 220 miles and was smiling the whole way, especially undertaking a boxster on the A55 at Conway at 130 in the wet, he nearly shit himself :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!