• Hello All, Happy Holidays !!!

I am starting to get that 55-60 "wobble" in the front end, can anyone tell me where I can purchase the "poly" bushings to replace my bad ones??

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

• Terry, Happy Holidays !!!!

What do you think I need upper or lower ??

Or is it best to just replace them both at the same time ??

What would you expect on labor time ?? As I have said before I am no mechanic, and EVERYONE in Florida is a theif....

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

• Lower on the 8 is a Special spherical bearing that can twist rather than being locked in one plane of motion around the bolt. You need to buy the whole arm - no one here has found the bearing separately yet.

Upper arm is good for Poly bushings. They do not need to be loaded when tightened. Rubber stock bushings do need to have the car weight on them when tightened or they only last about a year.

You should ask on Roadfly if anyone has a good shop they can recommend within range of you.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• The name of this site implies it is a International E31 site,are we in the UK to understand that your side of the pond do not have the good manners to accept advice or indeed indulge in decent conversation within this forum.

Because i for one find the constant lack of correspondence once you have asked a question, advice freely given, then nothing,really pisses me off, no wonder this site goes quite from time to time.

Rant over hope it does'nt happen again SP

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• What are you ranting about??
    Advise was aked for and given in a friendly manner.
    I see no reason in this post at least for your rant. Someone pee in your cornflakes?
    8-)

• Here here Steve!!
    I thought it was just me who was thinking that.I notice it from time to time,its like a bit of Road fly over flowing on to this site.
    Down tools for xmas yet Steve?
    Les

• Here's my .02 worth. Steve and Les, I'm also not sure what you are referring to, but I know for myself that there are a few people over on this side who are tremendous resources of information for those of us who are new to this and don't have a lot of mechanical knowledge. When one of them responds to my posts, I latch on and try to get as much info as possible to get the problem solved for my car, which is a lot different from yours in more ways than what side the steering wheel is on. For me, it's not that I'm ignoring everyone else, I'm just trying to get my car back on the road. Sorry if you feel we ignore you guys. Certainly not intended on my part, and I'm sure others as well.

Paul

• Paul Hi

I promised myself that i would'nt get drawn into a war over this, but would just like to say i whole heartedly agree with your comments,Terry is our no1 contributor and many members know they can always rely on his advice,i guess my point was that DMP posted, advice offered, and not for the 1st time on this forum little or no feedback , for example if i posted a new topic and received 5 replies but one was from a mate then i usually reply something like "Thanks guys,and to my old mate Phil great i'll take you up on that." It sort of like makes everyone feel appreciated and possibly more like posting on the forum in future because it then has more of a community type spirit. Then again it could be as Wuffer so eloquently put it "someone just pee in your cornflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Best regards Steve

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi Guys

What are you all fussing about, help and advice is something that should be given freeley, and without expectation of gratitude. some may feel they deserve it and they are probably right, but lets face it if people only gave help etc on the basis of how much gratitude would be given, we would all be left out on a limb, this club is a CLUB people with like interest its fun, not to be taken so seriuosely that people get upset if they arent aknowledge. I am not in any way religeouse but i do know that there are many millions that are and at this time of year peticularly we need to show good grace and good will to all, without the need to be thanked. well thats my opinion Live and Let Live, thats my motto. and no matter how ungreatful someone is to me if they ask for my help i Will give it freeley if i can.

Meery Christmas to all!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!