Other Desirable BMWs

• ok Im a self confessed BMW nerd...Ive had a 520i, 735 and a 325ci and now a 840ci.

I would like to build up a collection of unusual and rare bimmers, heres the hit list:

Z3M (The "Breadvan")
    Z8
    M535 (mid 80s hand built version)
    850CSI

Just intrested to see if anyone here collects various BMWs and what they have.

Elan

• I dont collect BMWs, but if i did ontop of all the ones you guys pointed out youd have to have one of those pre-war ones, just for the hell of it. I also wouldnt mind a 3.0CS or a 2002 turbo

• ive had 3 or 4 old shape (last two versions) of the 5 series, E36 M3 Evo, M5, and i currently have an E60 535d Sport, a fully specced 120d Sport (the missus drives it) and my 840ci Sport, not into all these old ones. The new ones do me :D

• i currently have an X5, 545i, and an 850i ---- granted, the 2004 X5 and the 2005 545i don't really qualify as "collectors pieces", the 850i does represent the start of a new vice for me.

i am on the prowl for an 850CSi, Z8, and (god willing) an M1 if i could convince one of the few owners of one to let me buy it before they die or sell it to me sooner.

anyone seen the special on the Discovery Channel lately about the barn-finds in italy where rare vintage cars have been turning up?

KrisD

1991 850i Automatic Alpine White - Grey interior, AC Schnitzer Body Kit, M Parallel Silver Wheels, Remus Exhaust

• E28 M5

i THINK THE E28 M5 Which is the original M5 would be on my list. I used to own one and it was my 1st ever car and not the cheap M535i.
    It represented 80's retro styling with the shark nose front and a straight six 3.5 24V M power engine. It drives great sounds great and the engineering behind it is one that will last for decades to come. It all began with the M1 so thats where the roots for the E28 M5 come from.
    In 1985 a saloon with 286bhp which cost more than a ferrari 308gtb and faster than a porsche 928 s4.

Now thats impressive and even today it still leaves most modern sports cars for dust at the lights inc E36 M3's etc. Its a real drivers car.

Thats why its still is my favourite BMW

• I don't think I paid much attention to BMW's up until about three years ago when I bought this 89 e34 535i 5 speed on a whim when I noticed it in the shoppers market. Very impressive indeed. So impressed I was that only a year and half later I made the winning (e-bay) bid on this 91 850i 6 speed. Neiither one is very rare world wide but I wonder how many have Canadian version manuals like this pair. I would like to get an e28 next.

• Hello,

Please, excuse me for my bad english :oops:

I have a 850 ia 1991, M5 e34 1989, 730 i e32 (no in the picture) and 850 ia for take parts (pièces détachées in french)
    And my father have a 850 ia 1991 (in the midle of the picture)

Michel

Passioné de BMW et encore plus de la 8 :lol:
    E31 850 ia 1991 x2 1/2
    Range rover 1989
    VW Golf I Cabrio
    Yamaha 125 YBR :ahhhhh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!