CAN A 850 TAKE OUT A M3????

• BMW have lost the plot

Although BMW engineering continues to stay at its best

I must say the designers have lost the plot.

The 1 series is horrible and very expensive and it hurts me to say but VW's R33 Or is it 34 out performs it in comparrison to the 130i sport

The 3 series shape again is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz too boring

The 5 series looks ............ welllll its ok must say the sport ranges and M5 is quite nice.

Six series................................ Isnt that a five serious with less the two doors??? and more money anywaysssss

7 series hmmmmmm its okish but again compare it to the previous and In my opinion on looks the old one is beeter looking esspecially that V12 alpina

X5.......... Niceeee

X3 Who the hell designed that?? The person who is responsible for that hideous outrages looking thing should be hanged LOL

Ive had one as a courtsey car and although I must say whilst handling is good it looks so ugly that the other day when I pulled into my drive I scared my dog off Woof Woof

Oh and last but not least the Z range...... No comment But I do like the new Z4M COUPE

Audi RS4 mmmmmmmm must say was very impressed but my loyalty remains with BMW. I just hope the new M3 is as good as it sounds on paper.

• Yep, agree with you there, but...i've seen a few of the new 3 series and i thought they looked rather nice, especially the 2 doors in dark colours. Gotta say...Audi could tempt me away quite easy.

• It always takes time to get used to new styling, when the new 5 came out I hated it but it has grown on me same as the 6 has, But I'm the same as Les about the 3 series coupe, but I am with you on the X3.

I have never been a fan of Audi's, but I recently went to the MB garage and sat in the new CL, now that is nice (maybe in a few years when they are reasonably priced) but I have always been a fan of MB's

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Well boys Bangle is gone, and the new chief designer is Adrian von Hoidonk (not sure about the spelling of that last name) he's Dutch but has been in the US for a while.
    This guy is the one who designed the current 6-series exterior, or the winning design.... if you know what I mean. tweeks was made to his design by mr.Bangle to make it fit with the BMW style.

Anyway, by looking at the current 6-series, which I think look stunning I'd say the future looks good for BMW design.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• I love the new 3-series, it's smooth and stylish without outrageous lines. Anyone noticed the wide tail lights in the dark resemble those of the 8? I also love the 6. There just is something about coupe's that says SPEED. I don't care much for the X-series. They're just to non-sportish to look at for me, if you know what I mean. The other BMW saloons, don't really get to make my heart beat any faster either. So in general, the BMW coupe's for me.

ps. the designers'name in Adriaan van Hooijdonk

Peter

• Depends on the M3 if it's the pre 2000 model then 850 wins!

I raced my friends 1997 M3 several times, he has upgraded exhaust and a chip. We would start about the same, but once we reach 50mph range it's over for M3. I constantly left 4-5 cars between us.
    Well my 850 is not stock anyway, 3.91LSD diff, motronic engine chips, Dinan tranny chip.

• Re: Depends on the M3 if it's the pre 2000 model then 850 wi

Zitat von DRAGON850

I raced my friends 1997 M3 several times, he has upgraded exhaust and a chip. We would start about the same, but once we reach 50mph range it's over for M3. I constantly left 4-5 cars between us.
    Well my 850 is not stock anyway, 3.91LSD diff, motronic engine chips, Dinan tranny chip.

what does the tranny chip do?

Nathan

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Makes the automatic transmission shift at a highter rpm than stock.

The initial start in D where the car "brakes loose" (starts to move forward) may also be higher, i.e 200rpm highter than stock, giving it more torque because the rpm is higher. this wil make the car accelerate faster.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Cant help you with the price Nathan, because I dont know.
    Check with you're local chip tuning shop or search the web, thats all the advice I can give you

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• The only onse I know are sold by DINAN

Zitat von nathan8

HM!

How much do they cost?

The cost is $200 but they only will sell it to you if you have a set of their engine chips so you have to let them know in advance they you do;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!