850 supercharged

• Hello all
    I was just wondering if anyone here has or knows anyone that has fitted a supercharger to their 8 series. Or am i the only one daft enough to have one fitted to his 850!!!!!!
    For anyone that woud like to know what its like to drive i will let you know once i have arrived back from driving it around europe, along with attempting to follow the gumballers for a 1000 miles across europe!!!!!!
    (not looking gd at the mo as i'm still sitting in the garage wait for the car to come back!!! sunday night at 6.30!!)

Heinrich

"In The Sprit Of True Raging, You Cannot Rage Harder Than Gumball :twisted: "

• ss

I would love to know the results. I have a 99 s reg 840 CI sport and would like to get a supercharger for mine. What supercharger are u using and would it go on an 840 4.4 LITRE???

• RE 850 supercharged

Hi Heinrich, hi Steve,

I put a supercharger on my 92 850. I also fitted 2 water/air cooler to cool down the air. The pressure is about 0.8 to 0.9 bar. The result is 381 hp at 5500 rpm and a torque of 520 Nm at 5000 rpm. The engine itself is original and I have been driving it for 2 years without any problems. What datas do you have on your side ? (hp, torque, pressure) and did you built in any kind of cooling system ?

Best regards
    Michael

• Micheal very interesting :? yes i've supercharged my V8 & after the rolling road test produced a 399.9 bhp & 450 ft lbs torque or about 620 nm(newton meters) I'm really totally pleased with the conversion but not so happy with the mechanical wirring noises at tickover speed :(

How does the supercharger operate on the V12?

Nearly fogot to mention that the pressure is restricted to 0.6 due to the auto transmission

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi Steve,
    It's great. You got great performances. It is funny that you get more power and espescially so much more torque with less original power, less boost pressure and tell me if I am mistaking, no cooling system ( I beleve you mentionned this in a previous message). I have a Vortech compressor.
    Now concerning the noise you have at high rpm. Did you bild in a system to reduce your ignition timing as boost increases. This is important. On my side I hear no strange noise since I have the compressor.

• Michel hi again, when i said that it was interesting that you have supercharged a V12 i was expecting you to have fitted 2x superchargers, for example 1 per bank of 6 cylinders :o

My supercharger is also Vortec & the system comes from ESS in Norway, when i raised the issue with them (noise at tickover) not high revs as you understood , i was advised it is normal :!::!: i would truly like a second opinion :?

So why given that you have a cooler air intake & a more powerfull stock engine do i have the most power of the two :?::D

• Hi Steve,
    Unfortunately I have only one compressor. And I hear a little noise also at idle speed. It comes from the compressor on my car and it is normal. How about that ignition timing reduction system, do you have one installed ?

• I'm not sure what you mean"ignition timing reduction system", My Ecu was sent away for a remap,they fitted larger injectors,thats about it, in fact when you look at it you wonder where the money has gone :!: and then you put your foot down :lol::lol::lol:

I've recently changed the stock diff to a 3.91 ratio from an M5 :D My oh My this baby flies :lol::lol:

• Now this sounds brilliant

I'm so looking forwatrd to gettin my 850 now and let the fun begin

Just as a matter of interest, how much have you guys spent on supercharging?

• i was told by ess that they did not have a kit for the 840. did you buy a 540 kit and adapt it? what can you tell me about the ess supercharger kit. thanks

• Zitat von theboogers

i was told by ess that they did not have a kit for the 840. did you buy a 540 kit and adapt it? what can you tell me about the ess supercharger kit. thanks

Thats right, then a few extra modifications to air intake, washer bottles& the supercharger bracket then enjoy :D

• thanks for the reply. pictures of the install or finished product would be appreciated. pm me the pics if you cannot post them. i just looked at you info. i would like to know about the xenon lights change and what brakes you are using also.

• No problem, i'll put some pictures up soon, reference the brakes i did a posting in the last 2 wks so you should be to find that.

The xenon upgrade was done by ca automotive in Portsmouth they advertise in all the Bm magazines for info etc

1st chance i get to do the pics they'll be on here :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!