center arm rest

• To all,
    two questions
    can anyone tell me if you can get such a thing as a center arm rest for my 840 ci R/H/D

car failed MOT yesterday and needs new rear springs Mr BMW wanted £186 for two standard have just bought a set of Bilstines 35mm drop for £170 should look good, am thinking of new CSI front spoiler not sure about clearance once it's dropped 35mm any one done this and how much space between road and spoiler,
    asking as i have large speed bumps on my road

any help
    cheers
    Mark

• As Terry has said i to cannot understand the springs needing replacing :? however it should look good when lowered.

I changed my standard suspension over to the Alpina kit available from the stealers, i beleive it's 30mm drop looks good too,and only ocassionally does the csi front catch a speed hump :( but the only solution is to slow down my friend :!: then let all the onlookers admire the new stance of your fine looking machine :D

The best way to do the armrest, is get a E36 rest to match your interior then mount it on a prepared block of wood shaped to fit the center opening behind the ash tray,i then covered the wood with a carbon fibre foil available from Halfords.

Total cost £60 :D & way better looking than the Birds offering :!::!:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Mark, if it is of any help, I have H&R springs fiitted over the orginal EDC shocks all round. At the rear they gave around a 25mm drop. Total cost for all four springs & shipping was US$410 to Hong Kong (arrived in 3 days :shock: )

PM me if more detail would help.

Cheers

Keith

• new springs

gent's

thanks for your help, I have orderd the springs and intend to fit them my self any tips if you have done this your self, would helpfull

• I for one would like to see pictures of the Cracked springs after you have changed them out.

Good choice on the H&R springs in my not so humble Opinion.

Several in the US have found the rear of the car to be a bit low appearance wise after installing the H&Rs. The "cure" is to add a round flat piece of rubber (Washer shaped) about 1/4" to 3/8" thick in the bottom spring perch when installing the springs. The thickness multipier at the wheels is 150%. I added 1/4 " spacers to mine for a bit more wheel clearance because my wheel offset is a bit under normal.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• It dropped by roughly 30mm at the front which to be honest does give some problems in multi-storey car parks and over aggresive speed bumps. (Looks great though 8) )

Amazingly, my EDC does still work :shock: and continues to work with the new springs. The ride on each setting is harder than before as you would expect but not harsh.

• front springs are cake to do, only about 20 mins each to remove the stock and install the backs on the other hand...good luck! As has been said in another thread the E31 rear suspension has more parts tat the space shuttle. I only did the fronts and I sit almost level now with about a fat finger of wheel gap front and rear. and it rides great! Thumbs up to H&R springs.

20 min considering I have access to a lift.

If it doesn't make it run better, go faster, handle better don't bother...

• new springs

Gents,
    As the rear springs sound like they will be fun to do i will try and take pics of the job in steps then post them for all to try at home in the company of a grownup of course.

hopefully this weekend coming
    Mark

• Steve,

What colour is your interior? Is it light silver grey?
    If it is please can you let me have the part number of your E36 armrest? - i tried to order one th eother day but BMW say it is no longer available.
    Thanks matey

Ben

• Ben , it's light silver grey , the E36 part number is BM51. 16.8.173.269 if indeed it is now obsolete , try an E46 A/rest, they're nearly the same :D

• The clifford alarm :!::!: Touch wood its not given me any further troble since i stopped using it :!::D:D

Just to confirm my trim code Ben 0353 light silver grey :D

• I have also fitted an arm rest - same source, but different way of fitting - quite fiddly.
    It has hidden hinges and allows the cubby hole to be used beneath it.
    Those who don't know 8's assume it is original. I can't imagine why one was never fitted.

Also managed to get a subwoofer to fit that has also passed as original - even more fiddly.
    Judge for yourself - click on the picture for my gallery.

• Yeah i also considered that method but for me it was way to low to be any use hence the chunk of timber!! Looks a nice car with a neat interior but please tell me how you can live with that f***ing awefull steering wheel :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!