Rear Window Replacement

• Hi All,
    My rear window has begun to delaminate round the edges and as a result the demister is no longer working properly. Has anyone had a replacement window fitted either by the stealer or aftermarket and knows the cost. The local stealer is quoting me a whopping £710 plus vat ….total £835 to supply and fit a new one which sounds like a serious trousers down job to me. Mind you as they said on the phone " the window is being fitted by a BMW expert technician"……. they must think i am zipped up the back.

• Back glass is covered on some if not all insurance, so.........

Drop a ladder on it :wink::wink::wink:

Carefully of course... :lol:

My glass is doing the same so I think some DIY is in order......

Christ!! You do not work for an insurance company do you.....???

• Lets not discuss this any more :( Mine has been " milky for 4yrs now" ) & if we all keep banging in insurance claims for rear windows the insureres may well smell a rat :lol::lol:

But 1st i need a new front screen :oops::lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Not that i suppose it helps, but i had mine replaced last year under the extended warrenty by the main dealer,
    it was covered because the rear heating element packed-up so was covered as an electrical fault,
    just a thought if any of you cars are still under warranty

• Mine was done under warranty last year, also - it was an expensive job otherwise, so thank goodness they did it before I let the warranty lapse this year!

Make sure you get the rear screen you want - plain or grad tint.

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!