8 Series owner/occupations

• Yeah,
    I've considered directional tires on the 8 and I've had them on some past cars, but on advice of a few people including the guys where I get my tires they all say to go with dysymetrical ones for the best in All-around use and max performance. Since my wheels are 16's I need a nice big, comfortable tire that will allow for high speed as well as decent comfort when rolling on imperfect roads.

• I may be informed of the error of my ways but I find GSD3s on the front and less expensive Falken FK452s on the rear are fine handling-wise. Being a bit heavy footed I am prepared to see how long they last, it may be a false economy...

• I live in a rain forest (Pacific Northwest US) and the Goodyear F1's are so good in the rain that I put them on the Mustang Cobra too.

No go in snow though.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

245/45/18 on a 8.5J on the front
    265/40/18 on 9.5J rear

FYI I used to have 285 35 18 on the rear (same rim) and these 265 PS2 have wider grip section compared to the 285 PS1 tyre. Strange but true...

I wouldnt bother piddling round with any other tyre. Yes they will be cheaper but look at who bugatti chose for the vyron. Everything else is cheaper but nothing is as good.

I'd consider pirillis p zero or continental as alternatives if you dont like michelin for some reason

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!