8 Series owner/occupations

• Further to the "what other cars do you drive" post& being impressed by the lists of vehicles has made me think where the F**k do we get our money from :?

So what is your occupation how do you earn the cash :wink:

Me :!: well i dig holes, fill em with concrete then build a nice house on top hard graft but pays well :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Ah well, I'm a bit of an imposter - or so I'm told.
    I'm a Science, D&T and IT teacher (14-19 age group) and according to the streetwise teenagers who have seen me in my 8 (it doesn't go to school - we get on fine, but they'd feel obliged to scratch it on principle) I shouldn't be able to afford such a car. They must be right - since when has any teenager admitted they're not?
    The word is I must be dealing drugs on the side to bankroll my "out of hours" transport. :wink:
    More than one parent has approached me in the street and mentioned my car - mind you, I taught most of them as well.
    Kids have no concept of depreciation - if it looks expensive, then it must be.
    If only they knew..... :)

• Zero

I recon me & you should start asking each other who is the most senior right now :? but hey there is always Theo to consider, & then again Terry is probably abit of a Veteran :lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Steve, I was learning to drive in my grandmother's new Mini 850 - yep Austin had an 850 years before BMW.
    I remember going up the A1 at the maximum speed limit of 50Mph (less of that cheek Blackwell - or you'll be in detention).
    There was a built in speed limiter as well - whenever I edged above 50 my Gran would elbow me in the ribs.

• I may win the Old Age award but then again..................

Currently trying to decide if I am unemployed or practicing for Retirement :?

I was doing Ceramic engineering of a sort :D Kept the boredom away until slow times overtook my employer.

When I was born the French were still trying to learn German out of necessity :D D-day was about 7 months later. So yes, I am nearing Antique status.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I'll join in as I have been away for faaaamily duties this week :D

I have owned and run a small injection moulding company for 9 years now, and more recently started importing similar from China. Somedays are hard others laughably easy, but as I have total control (being a one man band) I decided to buy the only car I genuinely wanted as a kid.

Not loaded by a long stretch, but I get enough, and can divert funds at 'Managerial' discretion into the 'repairs' account :lol:

And yes, as I know all too well, the actual cost of matchbox sized plastic parts would be about about 3p in materials and machine time. Ingoring development and Tool making costs obviously. Bear that in mind when you next ask the stealers for a headlight switch or simliar :lol::lol:

• Well folks this is me
    I am a programme manager (head of School in english) at a FE college which includes all the construction trades, manufacturing engineering and not forgetting a motor vehicle department with ramps and tuning equipment and soon to be added a rolling road.
    I am a mechanical engineer by trade having done a apprenticeship when they were 5 years long (not 3 weeks and you can call yourself and engineer).
    I have built and competed in several robot wars :twisted: and other such things but these days I am firmly focused on the 8.
    I do drive the car to work and the students seem to love it (although I also worry about potential scratches).

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• THE LAW

Police Officer also sometimes reffered to as PIG', FIVE 0, BOY DEM, BILL and My favourite KOZI.

I am the lewwwww inspector cluseuu

When I bought my first 8 half my colleuges didnt know what it was and all thought I was a part time drug dealer 8)

And believe me jealousy IS AN EVIL CRIME

Sometimes when i drive in to work i pray my balls of that its all in one piece at the end of my shift :evil:

• Hi all,

I seem to be one of the youngest here: 26 (hence my username). I'm a PhD-student at Maastricht University where I study the role of histamine in cognition (long story). It pays reasonably well, but not as much as in the bussiness world. But money is not the reason I do my job, pure satisfaction is.

Peter

• A hairy arsed builder :D
    Hay Bimmerman...you forgot to mention "The Filth!" amongst your "refered to" list.
    One of the politer refferences builders use for you fine law enforcers :wink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!