MODIFICATION CHIPS....

• PLEASE READ BELOW... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE CHIPS FOR MY 1991 850i V12 - HELP

To make this car have more power without altering the originality or integrity a few basic things were done. First, all 3 computer chips were changed. The V12 cars use two "DME" computers on one "EML" computer. The DMEs each run one side of the twin 6 cylinder engine. The EML is more the throttles, and other aspects and is kind of linking the DMEs together. The DME chips are the popular Conforti chips, giving the car about 30HP over its 300HP rating. The EML, removed the top speed limiter and raises the rev limiter. This is a separate chip from another company and is roughly the same chip used on an Alpina B12. The combo of the 3 allow the car to achieve a near 180MPH speed and give it a bit more acceleration.

• As peter mentioned above, I think Wolf (Wokke on ebay) has the best DME chips. However, the EML chip is necessarily different for the 850Ci, the 850Csi and the B12-5.7. The car's speed signal, which is an input to the EML, has a maximum range of 175mph (280km/h), so without making a lot of changes to the car's inner electonics, that probably about as fast as it will go. The only benefit of changing the EML chip is to get a different throttle response and to remove the 155mph limit. The DME chips will give you more power, by remapping the engine parameters and there are many good reports of Wolf's chips.

• The 850vien chips seem to be a ripoff of the Wokke_2000 chips.

Including the testimonials :( This was what caused the stir on Roadfly.

I am a fan of Wolfs (Wokke_2000) chips. I may have had the first set in the US in my 740.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I recently purchased the 850vien chips for my 850i. Took them to a local DEALER to install ,while they were doing some other work on my car. When the tech tried to start the car it would not fire. Wokke has a good reputation. If I had it to do over again , I would pay the extra dollars and do the install right the first time. Richard

• Zitat von adamski

some one of you have tested these?

I have seen postings on tests between TMS and Dinan, but not on these chips. I have the Wokke chip also. Big difference in lower rpm power after install. No problem on the install - less than 20 mins (with beer at hand) Wokke chips seem to be the overall favorite because of the noticable wake-up you get from your 8.

• Wolf (wokke) Chips

I'd be interested to hear whether they have one for a CSi?

Or indeed whether it is worth doing it!

Had One For A While Now Really !

'96 BMW 850CSi
    '11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr
    '89 Ducati Indiana 750
    '83 Suzuki GR650

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!