lowest mileage 850 in the world?

• yes, quite possibly. Although there were a number of very nice CSi for sale last year. Apparently, it gets harder to keep a registered car in Japan after 10 years. But those were going for about £40k. At around $20k CDN, this one could be quite a bargain. Shame it's LHD, but could be interesting on an "07" registration plate. However, officially, it probably would not meet the registration requirements for an 07 car (OBDII, fuel-emissions category etc). BMW supposedly sent round a circular to register all these cars before 1996. But, I know of a similar one where it apparently wasn't too much of a problem.. and that also kept its km/h speedo.

• Too expensive

Nothing Special.............................. Its a sixteen year old car that hasn't been driven. I've not driven my car for three months and it's started to give me problems like the brakes etc.

What am I supposed to do stick it in a museum?? Yeah its a nice car and looks all geniune but I'd rather spend that money on a used mint 8 series thats been driven and well maintained than a car that hasn't

But thats me and further more the asking price would never sell the car because for 40k theres plenty of alternatives that out preform the eight. Such as the brand new M3, Second hand New Shape M5, Merc SL55AMG and an almost new BMW 645 Convertible. As much I love my eight I'd be an idiot to throw 40k on a 1991 8 series regardless of how many miles its done.

A friend of mines just bought a mint low miler 15k on the clock one owner BMW 645 Convertible from Sytner in Chigwell. The car is Mint and I've driven it. Although I dont like the looks the performance is phenominal and as much as I'd like to say the eight is better......... I'd only be kidding my self.

We keep having posts on here about whats faster and what handles better, well having driven the 645ci I can honestly say that the 645 out preforms the eight in every way but one....... The retro looks. The 645 is better on braking, cornering, much faster from 0-60 and is more refined and sharp on the steering.

But I love the 8 for what it is.

• I agree that at GBP £40k you have a lot of choice... and those other Japanese cars mentioned at that price were csi versions. However, this one is a normal 850i (one of the very first ones, as it has the black-plastic interior door handles and no airbags etc) but at around CDN $20, that's less about GBP £8k, if I'm not mistaken, which is quite a good price. Still, I'm sure that it will have one or two things to look after as it's not been driven for 16 years (particularly, electrics).

• I am not sure where anyone gets the idea the car is going to cost 40,000. The expected price is between 15-25,000 Canadian which translates to between 7,000 to around 12,000 in the previous writers currency. NO big deal even so but lets talk about the subject shall we. The car has the lowest mileage of any I have ever seen and I dare say about as low as anyone else has ever seen.

• I think I did say (twice) that at about GBP £8k or CDN $20k , that it would be a good deal.

(The 40k was in reference to some other 850 csi that were offered from Japan last year, also with practically zero miles and these were 1996 models. There was also, if I remember correctly, a B12-5.7 for USD 90,000 plus shipping. What I was trying to say is that although not a csi, the asking price for this 850i, in comparison, is very reasonable. If it were RHD, I'd be tempted.)

Anyway, I see that the reserve price is now CDN $26k or GBP £12k.
    Then, in the UK, you will have 17.5% VAT and shipping costs, bringing it to about GBP £16,500.

• I think this car is beyond owning now. Why buy a 'new' 16 year old car for any other reason than putting it on display somewhere else. Clearly it has been kept as an investment - a bad one at that seeing as it has lost £40 - 50K off it's value.... ! Maybe it wont lose too much off it's second hand value, but then you would have to spend money keeping it in a secure, clean, climate controlled environment, probably costing as much as the car itself to install. Still, I guess a rich collector will buy it someday.

On a seperate note. The fuel guage has Litres marked on it. Is this Japanese thing ?

• No, it appears to be a Euro-spec car. A proper Japanese import would have been Right-Hand Drive, like the UK.

I think the point is that if you can get it for the same price as a good used 850i, then it's a good deal, because you may have a few niggles from lack of use, but expensive items like the exhausts should be like new, the engine should be great (save for the possibility of gaskets having dried a little) and the interior as new. So, probably overall, it wold be worth it. As I said, were it RHD, I might be interested.

Although, your point, Tony, about the controlled environment is important. Many cars like this are just kept in underground carparks or warehouses and the humid conditions in summer and the cold winters then take their toll. (The two unused B12 that came back a few years ago from Malaysia had to have quite a few parts changed and some of the electrics were initially a little intermittent, though became OK again with use.)

• I read in another thread about this car that it has not been started in 15 years and that it won't turn over now-per the real owner.

Could be batteries or the engine is stuck/seized.

I can imagine what the first time it turns over will do to the seal lips :(

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Zitat von mattsimis;84668

4 year old thread bump... your name is certainly appropriate?!

I'm a newbe... Because my 850 is a japanese version I bumped into this threat. I'm surprised the link still works.

Greetz,
    Paul

• Hi everyone;

I think that E31 is not at least have to km, the car has low miles to the turkey at the moment. Garage since 1999.

30,621 units in 8 series, 416 - Carbonschwarz Metallic
    the only car in the color. You can also find details of the 8coupe.com.

http://8coupe.com/Colors/Exter…ropertyID/50/Default.aspx

Many photographs to share with you the following days.

Best Regards

Fatih ALOGLU

BMW E31 Turkey

• Zitat von mattsimis;86360

Only one in that colour? Seems like (all) black colours would be popular, any more details?

This is about what kind of car would you like to comment

Basic Build Spec

Individual data

Processing Individual
    Sign "BMW individual"

0490 Color
    paintwork "carbon black-metallic", as code 416
    including hang on parts.

Z1XX Upholstery
    Innenausstattung Komplettleder Nappa schwarz, Ausbaustufe 1
    Ausbaustufe 1
    Quilting yarn black (1 963 800), code 0020.

Sewing thread black (1 905 499), code 0020 as standard

Following items are in leather Nappa modena (nb. 2 278 429)
    Front and rear seats
    Head rests
    Polsterteil Mitte
    Einsaetze in den Tuer- und Fondseitenverkleidungen
    (Verarbeitung wie BMW 850 CSi)
    Blende Instrumententafel unten
    Quilting yarn modena (2 278 783), code 0842 B.
    Sewing thread modena (2 278 784), code 0842 B.
    Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Nappa schwarz,
    Schl.Nr. M5SW

0940 Sonderwunschausstattung

Park-Distance-Control (PDC) hinten

Ablagenetz an Getriebetunnel Beifahrerseite

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!