840Ci Wide Body

• Just wanted to introduce myself again to the forum. I have been away for a while but want to get back into it. Just completed my 95-840 body work and rolled out the car at Bimmerfest this year. Hope to meet some good 8 owners here.

I'll try to answer anyone who may have questions about the car. List of modifications are in my profile.

Fern

• Welcome (again)
    Wow, that is impressive. What size tires do have in the rear? Ever thought about getting them a little wider so they fill the wheel arches more?

Peter

• An Amazing sight :D Truly admire the talents of your body shop crew 8)

Always good to see a different take on 8 styling but i do agree with Peter, get some wheel spacers on to fill the archs :D

Welcom to the forum Bud

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von peter1980

Welcome (again)
    Wow, that is impressive. What size tires do have in the rear? Ever thought about getting them a little wider so they fill the wheel arches more?

Peter

I am runing 305 tires in the rear with 11" wheels and a 5" lip. DPE wanted to get these new wheels out for Bimmerfest so it was a little rushed. They will be getting them back soon to add more lip 1-2"

Thanks for the kind words. :)

• I don't know.... the color is gorgreous, however as a purist I feel that it's a little too much on the styling. To many flairs & induction scoops for me... now I could change my mind if she can hold 140mph for as long as road conditions can permit, then she is welcome.

• Zitat von ballaamir

I don't know.... the color is gorgreous, however as a purist I feel that it's a little too much on the styling. To many flairs & induction scoops for me... now I could change my mind if she can hold 140mph for as long as road conditions can permit, then she is welcome.

This car is defiantly not for the purist. Believe me, I have been there myself with other cars I have owned and it drove me crazy. This is my 5th BMW 3 of which I have modified. My daily driver is a 330Ci fully modified. Has won 17 trophies and been in 5 magazines. This car has already been in Eurotuner as a snap shot of the build project. European and Bimmer magazine will be shooting it next month. It’s just my hobby it’s what I do. I really appreciate those who keep their cars in pristine condition.

Oh and yes, she ran over 140MPH from CA to AZ with not problems for about 25 miles until I had to slow for traffic. Love this 8 becuase it loves the open road.

• If you are ever in Dallas, then drop me a line so I can treat you to a meal. I too have owned quite a few BM's in my day and currently have a couple of race cars that I tear up on the track. Glad to give you a ride in one of those as well :D

• Enjoy

Sorry does nothing for me. I like the wheels and the colour but as for the body mods I think the 8 is wide enough. But hey as long as you like it thats what matters. Enjoy

• good work, clearly not everyone's taste but hey you have done exactly what you want and that's impressive.

I have a set of Carbon M3 Vents still sat on my shelf, awaiting inspiration as to the best way of fitting them. Could you please give me your experience as to how you fitted them, and any associated pit-falls ? cheers, Tony.

PS. Just noticed the removal of your headlights. Only seen this done once before. Nice one.

• quote: Could you please give me your experience as to how you fitted them, and any associated pit-falls ? cheers, Tony. \\

Actualy the body shop that did them said it was not hard at all to install them. The hardest part was getting the measurement exactly right on both sides. They made a template first before cutting. After that they marked the area and cut the hole for the pouch that the grills pop into the fender. Then they tacked welded the insert pouch in place before finishing. Once the fender was painted the grills poped right in place.

• Zitat von peter1980

:lol::lol: I'm in my 20's mate

27 a few weeks ago :( I feel old!!!

Hats off to fern...it takes a lot of dedication, passion and MONEY to do all that...!! The you tube video was funny...you see this immaculate 8er followed by a pumpkin Golf which prob cost as much as ferns left rear brake caliper :lol:

Sorry...couldnt help it... :oops:

Frix

(Another) 1997 Velvet Blue 840Ci Sport...with a Greek attitude to driving!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!