We really need a machine gun and a large wall

• Shiggs ol pal,

we have had those archaic laws for some years and the interesting thing was the rate of number plates being stolen shortly aftrewards increased dramatically.

Any guesse where the may have been used?

CHEERS

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Zitat von Lloyd

How will this effect all the sat navs with this function???

It won't, unless the the government passes new laws to prevent POIs being listed in the program.

Every static Speed Camera (in UK at least) needs planning permission, and it's location is therefore in the public domain. Sat Nav companies are perfectly entitled to access the information of their locations and list the STATIC camera as a POI.

Using technology to detect mobile Speed Guns (radar behind a bush) is what this fuss is all about.

However, unless the Police start using Radar/Laser Speed Detector Detectors, you will be alright :lol: even if it is illegal.

If you have one, and you slow down when your system detects a Radar Gun, then you should not be pulled over anyway because you would not be traveling over speed limit.

The only way the government can make it illegal is to outlaw the sale of the system, and retrospectively make all methods of detecting mobile speed guns illegal.

I very much doubt it will happen until a major car company offers the systems hardwired into their cars from new. That will never happen because it would be deemed irresponsible by said company and be pounced on by the Daily Mail/Express brigade (don't get me started on THEM !!!).

What we should all be worried about is GPS tracking, due for trialling in the next decade for road pricing. THAT is when our speed at ANY given time will be available for scrutiny and therefore FINES will be simpler and cheaper to implement.

Any government who implements this will have a major civil liberties issue on their hands and with 30 million plus drivers here in UK alone, I cannot see it being a vote winner.......

Be afraid though, be very afraid.

Or move to Germany.

• don't move to Oz then they because they had Radar Detector Detectors since 1998!

I was pulled up for using one (when the fine was only $5000 and confiscation was mandatory) but I shoved it down my jocks (the cannot search you here, yet). The cop said he knew I had one because he had a bigger one and was gonna find it. I said go ahead and got in the back seat while he looked everywhere he could think of inside the car and then, in the pouring rain on hands and knees he looked under the front, the rear, the sides and finally when covered in mud to his elbows and breathing water he gave up!

Did I have a shit eating grin on my face?

Betcha!

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• It really shoves a nail in the 'it's all about safety' coffin (bad phrase I know). The cameras, fixed or mobile, they maintain are only intened for use at accident blackspots and are supposed to be visible to get you to slow down and lower the accident rate. Ok good idea, then along come detectors. So if you have a detector what you then have is a system which now alerts you to the fact that your approaching an accident blackspot and you slow down. Great. Except the 'people who are interested in safety' don't want this ? They'll fine you and try to ban you from driving for being alerted to the fact your approching a problem area ?

Of course if the cameras weren't placed at accident blackspots and were there just to raise money that would be a different matter. :roll:

Politicians, councillers and lately traffic police.....I hate them all.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• In the state of New South Wales they use signs, usually three or four big ones that you can't miss advising of "speed camera ahead" so any moron that gets a ticket probably deserves one whereas in Victoria they have one or two signs on a road stating "Road Safety Cameras operate in this area"

How they think this slows you down is beyond me. All I know is two weeks later I get a ticket that informs me I was speeding but it sure didn't help slow me down

cheers

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!