Question about V-max

• Hi guys!
    How can i delete V-max in 850 M73 engine?
    My car is in excellent condition now and i`d like to know how it looks like to drive 850 over 300km/h :wink:

Non-CSi with AHK will belong to the rarest things on this planet.
    My car is one of them!

• Not to spoil youre fun, but 300 in an 850i, not happening.
    My 850ia (4-speed) is tuned by Hartge and have 354hp, no limmiter, and a 3:45 rear diff rather than the stock 3:15. (less top speed, more acceleration)
    I hit 260kph on the German autobahn a few times this summer but I ran out of road and into traffic.

I think my car would be able to hit 275-280kph, but 300kph, no way.
    (the gear ratio wont let me get more than 285-290kph before I hit the 6000rpm rev limmiter in 4th gear anyway... IF I can get to the rev limmiter)

I've heard that a CSI can make 300kph (after a long time)
    The power needed to increase speed in excess of 250 kph increases dramatically for every 10 kph, due to the wind resistance.

Sad to say it, but a stock 850i just dont have the power to get to 300.
    Honestly I don't even think you will get 270kph on a stock 850i.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• I still have more power than the 5.4 with my Hartge setup.
    Yes I see the gearing, but there is so much wind resistance in those speeds that you will not be able to get the aprox 5800rpm you need to hit 300.
    Trust me, my car was not fast from 250 and up.

Aerodynamics are also critical in these speeds.
    A friend of mine gained 10kph just by closing his tillted sunroof on an e36, just to show the effects of wind resistance.

I actually think you need close 400hp to break 300kph in theory, and the figure increases drastically for every kph.

Look at the Bugatti Veyron, it manages 400kph, with minimum downforce, an it has 1001hp.
    The Koenigsegg CCX manages 395kph, and has 850hp and over 900nm.

Even the M3 CSL cant get to 300kph with it's 360hp, It only makes it to 290kph. (my friend has one so I know)

The CSI's I've heard made 300 is after a long streach, and slightly downhill too.
    So unless you tune youre 850, it wont get you to those speeds, you just dont have the power.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I just asked about V-max removing... :(
    Could i reach 300km/h or not its my problem. Friend of mine has nitrous kit(+80HP)in his 850(M73) and he reached to V-max(248km/h) about 1100m. We had One Mile Challange in Estonia in this summer. Winner speed was 312km/h (Toyota Supra) But it`s OT.
    Does anybody really knows how to delete V-max?

My car is one of them!

• Like 8Tech said above. its in the ECU.
    it must be reprogrammed, so you just might get the car chip tuned when you are at it.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie

Like 8Tech said above. its in the ECU.
    it must be reprogrammed, so you just might get the car chip tuned when you are at it.

There is no persons in Estonia who can reprogramm ECU for V-max-free.
    That`s way i asked here. I can send ECU whereever you need if you know somebody who can. :idea:
    Sry about my bad english.... :oops:

My car is one of them!

• Happy new year to everyone!
    I`M still looking for somebody who can help me... :?:
    Does anybody knows some www. links or tuningshops who can remove V-max?

My car is one of them!

• One point to note, the OP is talking about an M73 engine - AFAIK Wokke does not do any chips for this engine. There are a lot of companies advertiging that can re-programme all EML chips but todate (and there has been a LOT of discussion on this topic in the German forum) none fo the companies have actually been able to delete V Max from M73 EML.

There is one member of the German site (also posts on Roadfly) and this is Firebird (Olaf). He has successfully managed to re-program the EML and the Autobox control for M73. Search on RF for V Max and you'll find it. Olaf is now offerring a replacement deal.

Cheers
    Jason

Correction - Olaf DOES offer a replacement!

• Zitat von argonaut

There is one member of the German site (also posts on Roadfly) and this is Firebird (Olaf). He has successfully managed to re-program the EML and the Autobox control for M73. Search on RF for V Max and you'll find it. Olaf is now offerring a replacement deal.

Cheers
    Jason

Can you give me any contacts? I tried but i couldn`t find anything about that Olaf... :cry:

My car is one of them!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!