Got My Car Some New Shoes

• Thanks!

That does look extremely close from the pics to have 285/35/19. I've used a tire size calculator (http://www.kouki.co.uk/Utilities/tyresizer.asp) and it says:

285/35/18
    Rolling Radius: 206.31cm
    Total Diameter: 65.67 cm
    Sidewall Height: 9.98cm

285/35/19
    Rolling Radius: 214.29cm
    Total Diameter: 68.21 cm
    Sidewall Height: 9.97cm

So that's an extra 2.54cm or exactly an 1inch in height. But if I go for the 30 then it's:

285/30/19
    Rolling Radius: 205.33cm
    Total Diameter: 65.36 cm
    Sidewall Height: 8.55cm

What does the sidewall figure give exactly?

• Sama mate, I've been though the whole tyre saga recently with identical sized wheels to yours. 285/30/19s are the biggest you'll fit in there, but also because the only (production) car listed as using that size tyre is an SL55 Merc there is a severe lack of choice of manufacturers making this size. You can get them, but they are big bucks. Bridgestone Potenzas and Pirrelli P Zeros are examples. Problem is when you want a matching set, which in our case would require 245/35/19s at the front. This makes the deal even dearer.

Now, if you go for 275/30/19 rears you have tonnes more choice of brand, and the price becomes more palatable :lol:

I settled for 275s in the end and they do look 'right'. The sidewall is vertical and in line with the rim, and I'm happy with that.

What ever you do, dont get 295s....... :lol::lol::lol:

• Hi there,

It sure looks great in 19 but thing is you will surely consume more gas and the wheels won't last as long as 17 or 18. For that type of car best would be in 17. I personnally have 18 and it is a max. You can try 19 though but don't think it is the best solution in terms of driving. In that case you better not drive a sport way :cry:
    Take care
    Fabrice

PS : Hi Steve what you think about my remark?
    Hi Tall Tony you rims are superb... It looks great on 8 serie no? :D

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• Tony: Thanks mate! just the info I needed :) I'll be searching for 285's then.

Fabrice: thanks for the comments. I have already bought the 19's, and now it's time to bite the bullet :)

Anyone: What's the best size for the front? Stick to 245/35? or go wider like martin says?

Thanks a lot all of you so far for the help and comments

• Zitat von fabrice

Hi there,

It sure looks great in 19 but thing is you will surely consume more gas and the wheels won't last as long as 17 or 18. For that type of car best would be in 17. I personnally have 18 and it is a max. You can try 19 though but don't think it is the best solution in terms of driving. In that case you better not drive a sport way :cry:
    Take care
    Fabrice

PS : Hi Steve what you think about my remark?
    Hi Tall Tony you rims are superb... It looks great on 8 serie no? :D

Do you refere to this remark :? if so then I'm not the best to ask :) being an advocate of Massive wheels with the small profile tyre :D

On another note Fabrice,I think you may have to do a seperate post re "help with the english site"explaining that a certain individual has caused this to be necessary :!::(

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Its been lowered about 15-20mm, but no where near enough fo my liking. still plenty of room left to lower, only conceren is when i put the CSI bumper on. As for the tyres, as long as you dont go over the origional diameter you wont have a problem. BTW, TerryY ran with 265 on 18s at the front.
    Les

• Zitat von stevep840

1st we need to know the width of your new rims , offset as well but what schnitz has already mentioned is a good starting point :D

I feel the need for new rims :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Although I got these for my other car,couldn't resist tryig them for size :lol:

• Zitat von hallworth1

Sweet as you like!!. 8)
    AND you've got the resizing sussed :wink:

Les ,You would not believe how many times I tried with the Canon software :x to no avail so reverted back to basics :D

Schnitz, 8)

Sama, 19's with 275/30 &245/35 :) No rear pics yet :wink:

Wayne, Yes mate ,pick em up next weekend,those on ebay also look a good deal but the tyres wont fit, but if you get em , I'll give you £ 300 for the rubber then that should cover the cost of a refurb :wink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• hehe Schnitz!

Did you put any spacers or anything or is that how they naturally are at the back?

275 looks to be a good width. I would really like to see pic from the rear (of the car) if you get time.

They look lush, I can't wait to get them on mine!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!