Got My Car Some New Shoes

• question is, what are the widest wheels I can get on here? and what sort of profile?

I know this question has been asked loads but I just can't be 100% certain!

thanks in advance

• Hi Sama...

Are they the ones I pointed you in the direction of?

18" or 19" diameter....

I am running 285-35-18 Rear + 245-40-18 front...

I have seen 255-40-18 front and heard of 295-30 or 295-35 rear, but it is dependant on suspension and offset.....

Maybe Stevep840 can help he has had most sizes :lol::lol:

Hope this helps

either way they are going to look soooooo goooooood!! 8)8)

• Nice...

They are beautiful. What pads are you going to fit? My throwing stars have a flat rim like your new wheels, and boy do they collect brake dust. As part of the re-furb I fitted standard OEM pads, but they are no better than the ones which we took off. Any suggestions?

1997 E31 840Ci Sport
    2009 Mini Cooper
    2008 Toyota RAV-4 XT-R

Do every act of your life as if it were your last.

• Thanks a lot guys. For anyone interested, here's a link again.

http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=995

Many thanks Schnitz for finding them in the first place. I wanted something super deep at the back and I really wanted the parallels. Those were just absolutely spot on, so I owe you a few pints! Shame I didn't make the meet, but the car was ill (still is)

Steve, yes they're 19's.

Pad wise, I'll be using the OEM's and just doing lots of cleaning I guess, especially after Gerry put the idea in my head to take the wheels off to clean those ///M logos he so lovelily did :)

I plan to put on the camber adjustment plates, the reinforcements at the back, some bilstein shocks and to lower the front a little by cutting the OEM CSi springs. So given those planned mods, what sort of tire width and profiles am I looking at, to get the widest possible tires?

• 1st we need to know the width of your new rims , offset as well but what schnitz has already mentioned is a good starting point :D

I feel the need for new rims :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• thanks!

why would you prefer 275's over 285's?

delivery is 30 squid and hub rings are 20 but he did for a tenner. He also threw in some free bolts. so 590 all in. Job done!

just need tires now... and to sell the throwing stars... and... and... and... :)

• I don't think much is gained on a 9.5" rim by fitting 285 :wink: But if thats your choice[285] then they will[should] fit with a 20 offset, so go for it.

I have just sold a set of throwing stars for £405 via ebay, so could be a good deposit on those luuuuuurvly twin spokes :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• could I get away with 285/35 at the back? Would it look silly? I ask as I've found 285/35/19's to be much more readily available and much cheaper for Pirelli P Zero's

• Top wheels !
    (Well I would say that - I've got the same ones, except 18s on my CSi)
    Make sure you get the little M-Tec badges for the insets (mine came free already fitted, together with free centre caps) they look great.

They are also the same widths - 8.5 & 9.5 but yours appear deeper dish on the rears (nice).

Mine are fitted with 245/40 fronts and 285/35 rears.
    Looks-wise the 285 width on the 9.5 rims are perfect.
    The 245 width on the 8.5 rims look a little skinny - you might want to go a little wider if it doesnt mess-up anything else. Plenty of clearance at the front.
    Clearance - the 285 rears are just about right (take a look at my gallery of the rears under acceleration). You could go a touch wider - 295s - and still be ok.
    My tyres are Toyo Proxes T 1-Rs, sidewall spread on the rims may be different with other brands of tyre.
    One reason I went for the Toyos was, they seem to have a huge range of sizes, whereas I was really struggling to find the right sizes in any other brand.
    No probs with the tyres themselves, though they are stiff in the sidewall and I'm running them lower than recommended pressures.

Went for the above sizes because they are exactly the same as the Alpina 5.7 (maybe not the wheels, but the tyres) plus optional for the CSi and wanted to play safe in terms of clearance and keeping standard gearing.

Speaking of Alpina, before I bought the wheels/tyres had some concerns because I had read an article (wish I could find it) that said something like Alpina had to modify the AHK (issue for CSi owners) because the wheel/tyres were rubbing under certain conditions.
    However since fitting my wheels/tyres, have had no such problems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!