OUCH! Another expensive avoidable repair. *NOW WITH PICS*

• Thank You 8 Tech !

I was just enquiring about labor times because my mechanic just retired, so I am looking for a new one, and did not want him to tell me it would take more time than it actually does....

Thanks again..

DMP

• Zitat von 8Tech

So Noggie, if you are unconcerned about performance, why were you looking at a supercharger kit? How much are you prepared to spend on Carbon Fibre when a set of camberplates fix the problem? The V8's suffer from understeer as much as the V12's so the fix is applicable to them all.

8Tech.

The supercharger has nothing to do with the handling performance, that I want to improve my accelleration, and make the car as fast as it looks and faster.
    You know, to smoke the fast and furious riser turbo teens that think they have the fastest car on the road.
    At the end of the day, an e31 is a 2 ton piece of metal with a less than optimal weight distribution.
    An 8 will NEVER be a race car, but I agree that handling can indeed be improved.
    I don't intend to use my 8 as a track car, so quite honest I don't care about trying to make the car able to be thrown around a track, if I want to do that I buy an M3 or a Porsche GT3RS.

I'd like my 8 to handle a bit better, and money spent is not an issue.
    My 8 has allready cost me at least 30.000£ and this winter another 3000 in parts alone will find its way into the car... but hey, whos counting.....

At the end of the day, this is my dreamcar, and I don't care how much it cost me.

I will do the suspension upgrades, I will fit a supercharger as soon as a kit is ready, but it still wont be a race car.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Another shout here for the, ahem, lesser model here :lol:

That said, although it's not blown, mine also has the obscene 3.91 diff, and the camber plates.... total cost inc fitting about £600 for both....

only a blink of an eye slower than a stock CSi @ 6 secs 0 - 60mph, and it sticks to the tarmac round bends.... 2 tonnes or otherwise.

Now that is 'bang for buck' :lol:

A SC kit is something I would love to have, but since I have only been embarrassed once at the lights this year (by a Porcshe Turbo) it isnt high on my list at the moment (plus the wife would probably notice why we didnt go on holiday that year....!!)

(btw... I know this is all Tongue in Cheek) 8)

• Zitat von TallTony

A SC kit is something I would love to have, but since I have only been embarrassed once at the lights this year (by a Porcshe Turbo) it isnt high on my list at the moment (plus the wife would probably notice why we didnt go on holiday that year....!!)

After that Ferrari Enzo pulled away from me in Germany this summer, I was determined to do something about that.
    Imagine that, smoking an Enzo in a 17 year old BMW :)
    There is a guy in Germany with a late model Aston Martin DB9 who is not pleased, I was on him like glue from 130 up to 250, he had a limiter..... I don't :)

The supercharger would make the 8 able to strike fear even to the new supercars and be a real contender in "motorway battles".
    0-100 are nice figures to have, but it's what the car does when you floor it from 80kph and up that really matters.
    I don't need the cornering abillity of an M3, just a bit better than stock would do.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• depends on how much stuff you got in the back.

Remove the liners 2 nuts on each side, reinstall liners.
    30 minutes....

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie

depends on how much stuff you got in the back.

Remove the liners 2 nuts on each side, reinstall liners.
    30 minutes....

I'll second that - I fitted mine last week, took about 20 minutes to do both sides. A good quality product and it fits very well - just make sure that you lower the plate on squarely, if one side drops slightly as you lower it it can jamb and you need to fiddle it a little to remove it again and replace it correctly - there's not a great deal of handling room around there.

Cheers,
    Jason

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!