Value of a used CSi front spoiler in the UK?

• Hi all

I have a used CSi front spoiler (lower part of the bumper) that I bought a few years ago from a BMW breaker. It is in physically good condition with no cracks etc, but cosmetically has some scratches so needs a respray. It's the wrong colour for my car so I intended to get it resprayed anyway (it's in dark blue I think and mine is Calypso Red), so the scratches didn't bother me when I bought it.

Anyway I since came across a full CSi kit in the correct colour for my car, so now have that fitted. Obviously the first CSi front spoiler I bought it no use to me, so it's been kept in storage ever since as a spare, in case I broke the one fitted to my car on a speed bump or similar :?

I've now decided I may as well sell the spare CSi spoiler as it's taking up space and I may be lucky and never need it. There is a member on here who is interested in it, however I'm not really sure of its value as I can't find any others for sale or recently sold in all the usual places, so I'd appreciate some guidance as to a fair price for both of us. I can't remember exactly what I paid as it was some time ago now and I can't find the invoice, but I think it was around £200 plus postage which I thought was a good price at the time but perhaps I paid over the odds?

I realise these are around £800 new :shock: but as always BMW prices aren't much of an indicator of their true worth on the used market. Bear in mind also that this one needs spraying before fitting too.

Oh and if anyone knows the best way to post such an item safely that would be appreciated too :lol:

Cheers
    Paul.

• Not sure if the CSI spoiler is much different from the CI Sport spoiler as fitted to most 840's. But, if it has been damaged then be careful.

I managed to break the second spoiler I had.(Another bloody car ferry) I repaired it so it looked as new. Then I went to Poland. 135mph on the Autobahn, then I remembered I'd patched the bloody thing. They weigh about 15kg.!

I suddenly had thoughts of this thing disintegrating under the car at 135!

Sure enough , at the next stop, a crack was plainly showing where it had been repaired, I shudder to think of the consequences of 15kg. of sharp dense plastic stuff hitting the underside of the car at those speeds. Not to mention the hazard to anyone else.

So. Remember, these things actually do fulfill a purpose in keeping the front end stable at speed, and any weakness at such speeds could be lethal.

• Sport Bumpers

Please read my For sale add.

For anyone who is intrested I have a complete 840ci sport Bumper for sale Both items are up for £450.00. the upper part is in Velvet blue excellent condition with the headlamp wash inserts and also have the lower bumper which has been primered and is ready to spray.

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000

Paul, I know Lloyd is looking for one of these :idea:

Yes it was Lloyd who first contacted me showing interest in it, and pending arrangement of a courier I will be selling it to him.

Thanks for all the offers, I had no intention of creating a bidding war here :shock: but I will stick to my word and sell to the person who first offered to buy it.

In response to the post by Hemibum, there is no physical damage to it and it has never been repaired as far as I can tell, the scratches to the paint are purely cosmetic caused by the usual scraping on the ground (the one fitted to my car now has exactly the same problem, it's unavoidable IMO) and some additional scratches on the front I presume from poor storage by the company I bought it from. Hence a respray from a good body shop should bring it up 100% :).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!