My 850CSi, one of two in New Zealand

• I've been meaning to make this thread for a few days now. I got in touch with ///M Alx who told me that a member on here Talltony had M6 wheels on his E31, so joined up to see the photo's.

I bought my car from Pistonheads in August 2007. It was in Ireland at the time and I had some good friends pick it up and take it to Manchester. They informed me that it drove great but had a few issues, one of the water pipes going from the thermostat into the radiator had been rubbing against the fan and had split, one of the rear tyres went flat on their drive from Belfast to Manchester, and the batteries went flat overnight.

So anyway after getting him to repair the radiator hose it made it onto the boat and arrived in New Zealand in November. At some time on the boat the front spoiler was damaged, so now I need to get that repaired too!

At the moment the car is in my garage without it's bumper, the bumper is being repaired this week. I'm after a set of M-Parallels or BMW M6 wheels for it, but I will put some spare 235/45/17 tyres on the car all round to get it through compliance over here before I change the wheels.

I replaced the batteries with 2x 680cca batteries and now the car does start again after it has been running, the car still goes flat fairly quickly though, I think it is because I haven't been for a good drive in it yet.

Anyway the important part:

It is the only RHD 850CSi in the world that came with Daytona Violet paint and Lotus White seats, there was one US Spec and one German spec car with the same colour scheme, I've managed to get in touch with the US car's owner. There is one other 850CSi in New Zealand, I've been in touch with Jud and he has asked me if I'd like to get in touch with the other guy, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'd love to get some pictures of the only 2 850CSi's in the country. These cars will be the only 850CSi's ever in the country as well, emissions rules have changed as of 1st Jan 2008 and they aren't eligible for import now.

It has 148000 miles on it which is a lot, and there is also rust in the exhaust as well as in the rear diff oil cooler. I will get the exhaust replaced as soon as I can afford it, and I'm not really sure the rear diff cooler is even needed!

It is also missing the bit of trim at the bottom of the rear bumper, just another thing to fix. My goal over the next 12 months is to devote about US$5-7000 on it and a lot of time to bring it back up to the standard it should be. I'm disappointed with the previous owners for keeping it in such a bad state, but at least I have the full list of services performed on the car.

I've already changed the oil on it too with fully synth 5w40 and the engine sounds a lot better now. It does need another flush and I'm willing to bet all other fluids need to be changed as well

• Bradc welcome to the forum. Your car looks a little worst for the journey but as you said well well worth the effort to bring it up to spec. As for that front spoiler be careful (I am sure you will) in regards to repairing the front spoiler as it does take a lot of force at high speeds. Just read the thread about the price of a front spoiler as it talks about repairing front spoiler. Worth a read anyway.
    We all look froward to seeing your cars journey back to top condition.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Hi Lloyd, the yellow car in the background is a Holden Monaro. It is also a 6 speed manual coupe with a big engine in the front, in this case it is a Gen 3 Chev V8 5.7l. It makes 205kw at the wheels, rated at 245kw at the engine. It's done 19000km since new in 2002. We've only driven it on the weekends.

My main other car is a Legnum VR-4 with 225kw ATW, which I've spent a lot of money modifying over the years. I'll put some pics up when I'm at home later on tonight, but basically it is a V6 2.5l twin turbo station wagon with a 4wd system from a Mitsi EVO, EVO Brembo Brakes, 17x9.5" forged wheels, big intercooler, full aftermarket ECU, etc.

Hi Alex!!

• Very nice looking CSi! I'm sure with a little TLC you will have it perfect again. May I suggest changing the steering wheel for the 3-spoke from a 95+ Euro model? The one fitted isn't too bad, but I do think the later spec is a lot nicer looking, more modern.

Zitat von bradc

Hi Lloyd, the yellow car in the background is a Holden Monaro. It is also a 6 speed manual coupe with a big engine in the front, in this case it is a Gen 3 Chev V8 5.7l. It makes 205kw at the wheels, rated at 245kw at the engine. It's done 19000km since new in 2002. We've only driven it on the weekends.

We get those in the UK rebadged as Vauxhall (our local GM subsidiary). I've never driven one but they are somewhat of a bargain for a big V8 with RWD. There are very few cars that compete with it, as most similarly specced cars such as the M5 are a lot more expensive. There is also a supercharged version here known as the VXR 500.

They're no longer sold in the UK, instead replaced by a 4-door model known as the VXR8 here.

• Schnitz - I like the Alpina Dynamic wheels, but their prices on M6 style wheels work out to be about the same as in NZ, and I would hate to think of how much freight would cost! I might make some enquiries about these http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=937

Paul - I quite like the steering wheel. I dislike the big 4 spoke wheel though, like what the owner of e31.net has http://www.e31.net/pics/850_24small.jpg

I know all about the Vauxhall badged ones, I'm an avid watcher of Top Gear. The VXR500 has made it in a few Aussie magazines too. The new 4 door one is available here as an HSV Clubsport. I like them a lot, but I'll be waiting for the 2 door :)

• Not too keen on those wheels you posted, they look too bling for me. I would stick with M-Parallels or M6 wheels.

The 4-spoke steering wheel is hideous, I can't believe they fitted that to any 8, let alone a CSi :shock:. It would look better placed in a bus!

The 3-spoke one currently fitted looks OK, but I prefer this one:

Just IMO :)

Paul.

• Wayne - I don't intend on putting the headlights up - ever! It spoils the lines of the car. I'll just drive during the day :) I wouldn't really consider that a mod anyway

Paul - The guy got back to me and said he doesn't ship internationally anyway, so it's back to M-Par's or M6 wheels.

I do like that sort of steering wheel, but unless one pops up very cheaply (which it won't, there are only 50-70 E31's in NZ) I won't bother, the car has got more pressing problems!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!