Sports Exhaust for CSi

• I’m sure this has been discussed before, but here goes:

I’m after a ‘proper’ V12 sound from the CSi.
    I don’t mind how loud it is (within reason) but I don’t want a drone at cruising speeds.

I came from a Porsche 996 with a Porsche Sports Exhaust which is a fantastic piece of kit. Simply bolt on a new pair of back boxes, serious flat 6 howl and bark, NO resonance or drone at motor way speed.

I’m not sure what the options are what with the CSi being such a rare beastie. Are there replacement back boxes, or custom pipes, etc?

Oh, and I don’t want to change the look of the end pipes, they look just perfect the way they are to me.

Thoughts very mush appreciated.

• You can remove the cats on a pre-93 car and stay within mot regs and this will give a much throatier sound.
    You can also get your stock rear silencers modified and retain the looks and fit of stock with the sound of a proper V12 for a lot less than new silencers if they are in good condition.
    The only time you are likely to get that "boom" is if you remove the rear resonator.

8Tech.

• Thanks, guys.

Have contacted Eisenmann (can't seem to find a sound clip anywhere of a CSi with a sports exhaust).

Back box looks quite corroded but not sure if that's just an external casing I'm looking at. Who would modify existing back box?

• Re: Sports Exhaust For CSi

Zitat von Got-One-At-Last!

I've got these back boxes, they sound good without going OTT.

Not cheap but good quality.

http://www.supersprint.it/homeuk.htm

Thanx. I've been looking for a x-pipe replacement and headers for my 850.
    Wonder how long "comming soon" will be.
    Have to get in touch with these guys.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks Guys,

I think I'm going to start with a bit of back-box fiddling (ooh-er missus).
    Then possibly off to Torqueflow.

Seb, I presume you're the guy from the BMW car mag?
    I read the article and listened to the clip on Youtube, sounded pretty cool.

• Zitat von Job38

Thanks Guys,

I think I'm going to start with a bit of back-box fiddling (ooh-er missus).
    Then possibly off to Torqueflow.

Seb, I presume you're the guy from the BMW car mag?
    I read the article and listened to the clip on Youtube, sounded pretty cool.

Yup, that's me. The exhaust did indeed sound rather raucous but in the end it was a little too much on motorways and somewhat boomy so I have since been back to Torqueflow to have some centre boxes fabricated. They've taken the edge off without removing its bite and I'm very pleased with it now, even more so than before.
    I think a good place to start here would definitely be to remove all the baffling from your backboxes, effectively making them straight through items. If you like what you hear, you could then perhaps go for a couple of stainless straight through boxes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!