Black 840 for spares (repair?)

• Emray BMW spares (Swaffham, Norfolk) presently has a '95 black 840 auto.
    Light front damage, no side glass (so silver grey interior pretty poor) otherwise looks complete. Non-standard alloys.
    Owner wasn't around so couldn't ask for further details.

No connection etc etc ..... just happened to see it there when looking for other bits.

Thought I'd mention it as car does not appear on their Website and he doesn't seem to advertise much.
    In fact - best of luck trying to contact Emray. I've been trying for some time....... :(

• Hi Jason,
    So maybe not for spares then ...?
    Car looks repairable but not worth it if going for 4-5k.
    If I ever get him to answer the phone (!), I'll ask and post the details...
    Cheers
    Martin

• Hi Martin,
    after my previous post I searched on the 'bay but couldn't find the car this time around - some time back I was trying to persuade a friend to go and have a look at it but he never did. It will be interesting to hear more about it.

Cheers,
    Jason

• Jason,
    Called (usual ansaphone) and asked the guy to call back.
    Given him some days - nothing !
    Gotta say, if this is the way he does business ..... :(
    Too far to just go out there on spec
    This my be unfair(?) but...
    When I could never get a reply previously, called a neighbouring business and asked why Emray never replied to phone calls.
    The man's reply was - "coz he's To**er" ! :)
    CheersMartin

• Hello Martin,
    Well that's a straight forward honest answer - sounds as though he's probably not the kind of car dealer we'd like to deal with.

Cheers,
    Jason

• Hi Jason,
    Pretty much as I saw it BUT....
    I think those are old photos because the interior is now in a considerably worse state than shown.
    I guess because of the missing fuses and relays, he could not raise the side windows, and months of rain getting in ......(the steering wheel now has a nice green mould patina, and the seats ....).
    "Minor parts missing" - I'm not surprised !, because he's never there and the windows are down, any unscrupulous person could walk away with anything they wanted (not suggesting... :) )

£3.3k, hmmm - might be worth it for someone ?

Anyway, in the Ebay ad at least there is a mobile no and an Email. Might give him one last try for other reasons (still trying to find a LSD :( )

Cheers
    Martin

• Hi Martin,

for £3,000 upwards you can buy a running uncrashed 8. In teh condition you describe I doubt he'll find many takers unless there's something special about that car - shame really. Must be worth a couple of grand for the bits though.

Re LSD, I just bought one.....as a part of the Quaife ATB project. Shhh, don't tell the wife...

Cheers,
    Jason

• Not surprised at that price. With the price of parts for the 8, and almost non-existence of good used parts such as body panels, repairing that won't be cheap.

For not a lot more you can get a slightly scruffy, but perfectly working and intact, example. There is absolutely nothing special about that car to make it worth the expenditure to repair at that price.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!