HUB CENTRIC RINGS.

• With the popularity of the fitment of aftermarket wheels to our cars and the problems incurred without the use of hub centric rings, I have decided to manufacture 20 sets of premium application hub centric rings.

Over 50% of front end vibration problems I have seen that were not down to thrust arm bushes were eventually traced to missing or distorted hub rings.

All the ones I have seen, (and used) previously have been cheap plastic or tinny flexible aluminium rings, none of which have been made for accuracy or longevity but made in their thousands down to a price.

I am therefore making 20 sets from HE30/6082T6 tempered aluminium, parallel sided, full width and hard anodised to seat these wheels correctly and accurately once and for all. They will be individually machined and accurate to within .002".

This will have the advantage of precise wheel alignment but the disadvantage that your hub and wheel will need to be perfectly clean and centers undamaged to fit them. If there is enough interest I will do a further run but anyone who wants to reserve a set from the first batch, please let me know.

8Tech.

• Well, I know the cost of the material but until I have the cost of the anodizing and how long it will take to machine them, and how many I can get from the 1000mm billet, I am not too sure but I am aiming for £25 a set.

• Timely offer...
    I was just about to start enquiring about some quality rings to replace the horrible plastic inserts in mine.
    Just checked the fronts and wheel centres have survived ok, and the plastic rings are ok but by no means a tight fit.
    Measured the wheel (parallel copies) ID and appears to be approx 74mm.
    If your rings will fit mine (are all the aftermarket wheels the same hub size ?) - please put me on the list ....

• I am in for a set...

Although my "steering wobble" problem is a bit unique

I can get up some days , get in the car and everything is great...

Other days I get in the car and he wobble start as soon as I get to about 43-45 mph, let off and it is fine , and after about 4 miles it is fine as well,

I have replaced everything, bushings, control arms, etc.

I would appreciate any input to this annoying problem, if you think these rings will help, I will try anything...

I feel that I haven't found a mechanic that knows what they are doing with this car, I am very close to biting the bullet and taking it to the "stealer"

Thank-you in advance

DMP

• Zitat von martinw

Timely offer...
    I was just about to start enquiring about some quality rings to replace the horrible plastic inserts in mine.
    Just checked the fronts and wheel centres have survived ok, and the plastic rings are ok but by no means a tight fit.
    Measured the wheel (parallel copies) ID and appears to be approx 74mm.
    If your rings will fit mine (are all the aftermarket wheels the same hub size ?) - please put me on the list ....

Actually 74.1mm! and you are now considered listed.

• Thanks Gerry
    Hoping to remove the last vestiges of the dreaded "wobble" (everything else covered incl M5 bushes) plus planning on a trackday soon and just don't trust my present rings under hard braking ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!