Anyone owned this 840 Sport before ?

• That one looks very nice, its seems to be almost fully loaded, even with pdc, one thing to note from looking at the pictures is the wipers don't seem to be parked probably, they should park themselves almost under the bonnet.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• I made the trip to see this car a couple of months ago and it's a complete dog! Such a shame as it does indeed look promising on paper and a check on it's history showed that it had a very comprehensive history with main dealers (30 odd stamps iirc). However, I can only assume that in recent times it has fallen into the wrong hands and since the end of last year it has been subject to severe neglect and possible damage.

Every panel on this car shows either dents or deep scratches, there is evidence of some very shoddy paint work across most panels with lifting lacquer from the window seals. The boot lid didn't sit flush either which corresponded to the awful paint work on the NSR suggesting that it's had a shunt of some kind. It has definitely had a knock on the front and the front plate holder was found in the boot, broken. The rear screen has been vandalised where someone has etched some writing into it.

The interior has missing pieces of trim from the front console and the ash try is broken but apart from that it seemed ok. The electric steering column did seem slightly erratic though. AC doesn't work and I suspect a new pusher fan is needed.

To be fair the car seemed to drive OK but I was reluctant to develop any kind of kinship with the vehicle in fear of it becoming a mercy purchase. I've 'rescued' cars in the past but didn't fancy the impending £2.5k this would need to make it a respectable car.

Unless the 'dealer' (note many crashed/damaged cars that sit in his lot) has taken my recommendation of tidying this car up and/or dropping the price considerably, I'd walk away from even the thought of going to see this car as it will only serve to upset any E31 enthusiast.

• Thankyou very much for the above info my friend, I was a bit dubious that it had appeared on ebay twice and was still for sale.

I will certainly not even bother to call up but it is very frustrating when cars are sold as "This car is totally stunning" only for people to be let down when theyve taken the time out to view them

Thanks again...the quest continues but a real shame as it's exactly what im after.

• I was furious with the dealer when I got down there as I'd spent plenty of time on the phone to him confirming the condition of the car as I wanted to be sure the car stood up to its description. A complete waste of my time and a £60 round trip.

The overly contrasted images serve to hide a multitude of sins and I should have known better. From the pics it looks very attractive (although in the flesh it is much more of a green than the Atlantis Blue it tries to be) and the spec is high but it's just not a genuine car.

• Hi,
    I'm possibly looking to sell my 840ci sport, and from the description of the one you looked at, it is a world apart from that one! How much was it advertised for, because trying to value them is quite hard due to the different specs. I'm looking for around 9k for mine, but open to serious offers.:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!