Gaydon UK 2009 20th Anniversary 8 Series

• The idea of having the wrench fest on Sat 15 Aug - and Gaydon on Sunday 16th - is to make an 8 weekend of it, ie we all only get into trouble once!! The chances of 30 - 50 8's getting together for 2 separate meets during the summer would be unlikely to say the least - IMHO.
    If we could all get together at Peters on the 15th we could also have a dinner and chinwag in the evening - with a 6am start on Sunday for the 125 mile run to Gaydon !!
    All opinions welcome - but we need to make it a good one as it will be a while before the 8's are the official 'Marque of the Show' again.:party:

• Last year there was no organisation about the way in which the cars were presented. The 8 is such a striking shape that some thought about the display is required. For example, if the only space for us is in a line, then lets get all the noses perfectly aligned, or maybe we go for a rainbow display with the car colours Red, Orange, Yellow etc. Something striking rather than a car-park full of cars. We also need to get an Exhibitors pass from the BMW Club in order to enter the display area, otherwise you won't be let in. That's how it was last year anyway.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I agree with you Angus if the owners club are featuring us we should be centre stage, all exhibiting car owners should have all access passes to be able to get where we need to - and including one for a passenger?

Let's get the layout organised - are the organisers going to provide a tent or structure? for central base, what if it's raining!!! can we sort this out?8)

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Just a thought, if the Wrenchfest is the day before and some will have a fair distance to drive, it doesn't leave much time to get your cars prepared for Gaydon the next day, especially if the weather is not too good. Maybe the Wrenchfest should be on another weekend?

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I usually combine Gaydon with a chance to watch Footie in the Midlands, the Mrs comes with me but instead of Football she does her shopping & is quite content to be with me at Gaydon but a wrench fest, Hmmmm don't think so.

So may be I'll come on my own?this year:hmmmm:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Yes that's right.
    Peter started this thread as a result of me asking the BMWCC if anything was being held in Germany in Sept 2009 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the launch of the 8. It appears not. So I asked if Gaydon would make the 8 the Marque of the Show and the Board approved it at their January meeting.
    I then approached Peter as the leading font of knowledge and connections in the UK 8 world and he is happy to head up the E31 event with my assistance.
    So that's where we are - taking on board everyones views and ideas and looking at what we can and cannot do.
    Soon we'll offer an outline itinery and ask for attendees to opt for their choice (Saturday 15 and /or Sunday 16 2009) and start to make the arrangements.
    Obviously it's a BMWCC event and they will have to sanction what we propose for the Sunday. Whatever we arrange it won't suit everyone but we intend to offer a great weekend for '8 lovers' and hope that a lot of you will be able to attend some or all of it and have a great time.
    :birthday:

• I would definitely be interested, however my 8 needs some work doing to it before, and would be embarrassed if it did not come up to scratch especially when compared to some of the examples here, plan to take it to Phoenix early summer but if dates/work permitting would love to go. :top:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!