Gaydon UK 2009 20th Anniversary 8 Series

• This year is the 20th anniversary of the 8 series, it has been agreed with the BMW Car Club UK that the 8 series can have the primary position at Gaydon this year on the 16 August 2009. This is a once in a lifetime chance to highlight the 8 series, we would like to get at least 50 if not more cars on display this year. We hope to arrange a number of associated events and meetings on that weekend to compliment the show. A wrenchfest at our site in the West Country is one and probably similar activities further upcountry. Gerry Speechley will be there with his supercharged 8 and his product range for enhancement of the cars.
    This is a preliminary announcement to start things rolling. Tony Mann
    ( Hellrot 844 ) and I are putting this project together but would welcome any help available.
    LETS MAKE A BIG SPLASH FOR THE VERY UNDERATED 8 SERIES.

Cheers Peter

• Peter :winkwink: thank you for the heads up on the show - my Girl should have all the final bits done by then so I will want to be there - please keep the loop going the date is in my diary.:cool:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Booked with polish at the ready.

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Wow, great response already - our aim is to get 50+ to Gaydon on Sunday as Peter thinks the current biggest UK 8er meet to date is under 30 - unless of course someone knows different?

Ref the wrench fest -on Saturday 15th - Peter is offering his place in Zeals as a possible location, although it does add 260'ish miles to the round trip for those coming from north of Gaydon. We are keen to know if that will put some people off the wrench fest and if so do we need to arrange it nearer to Gaydon?

We can also have the use of a lecture room at Gaydon on the Sunday if needed - what talks / films /sessions would be of interest? Please let us know.

All ideas for Saturday and Sunday itinery gratefully received. Thanks.:top:

• When you refer to the 15th I take you mean August?

I'm really easy for location wise of the wrenchfest, I think we may find it hard to find somewhere that is offering what Peter kindly is with the amount of space and facilities etc.

If you require any help arranging anything just ask :top:

*Edit* Is having the wrenchfest on the day before Gaydon not a little close together *edit* :hmmmm:

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000

*Edit* Is having the wrenchfest on the day before Gaydon not a little close together *edit* :hmmmm:

I also thought the same:grin2: in particular those of us who come from afar:hmmmm:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hey Dave,
    Put your foot down, you know how you do in the car ( I assume you mean her in doors ) . The wrench fest really is a meeting at my plant with access to a ramp and a general chinwag about the technical points, faults, and other items relating to the 8 ----and life. Tony Mann is now the contact in the UK for the next month as I am in Australia till 20 March, I am going to be a Grandad somewhere about the 4 of March for the first time, my daughter and husband live in Sydney.
    Thanks Tony.
    Best regards to all that have replied and the rest of you put finger to keyboard, its got to be a good turnout for Gaydon.
    Cheers Peter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!