18" M-Parallels....

• ok guys...any of you looking to get rid of your M-Para's? anyone now how much the stealers would want? or a decent place to get them from?

would preffer OEM (quality and weight issues).

This is just an idea...i really like my throwing stars but i also like the paras...:top:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;62620

ok guys...any of you looking to get rid of your M-Para's? anyone now how much the stealers would want? or a decent place to get them from?

would preffer OEM (quality and weight issues).

This is just an idea...i really like my throwing stars but i also like the paras...:top:

Hi there. It so happens to be so nice that I am selling the M pars

Front 8.5 and rear 9.5

Here you go. I had them repainted.

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;62620

.....would preffer OEM (quality and weight issues)......

Make sure you find those from the e38 (or even e31) and not e39, which have a different spiggot diameter.

• Chances are slim to find those ordered for an E31. Only 6 of those sets made it to the UK, only 36 worldwide deliveries :lol:

Abundant in E38 - at least one set a week on ebay.de. Very much rarer for E39 (see Arnies post) and also E34 (different ET).

Make sure you get them as clean and free of damage as possible. "Repainting" them will destroy the appearance as they are forged and brushed and came clear coated only ex works.
    Over here I´d expect to pay around 1500 EUR for a mint set excluding tyres, which don´t come cheap too (245/285).

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;62660

.....Very much rarer for E39.....

In the UK, most of the 530 and 540 Sport models were fitted with the M-Parallels, particularly in the last 3 or 4 years of production.

My e38 has these wheels and it's true that one has to be careful with the lacquer coating. I think that in the UK, when these wheels are refurbished, the inner rims are usually diamond recut on a lathe and then relacquered to replicate the original finish, or there is the otion of solid paint instead. Mine are still on the original factory lacquer despite one or two minor curb marks, and seem quite durable compared to similar clear-lacquered offering from other well-known brands, such as one that started peeling with corrosion only after 12 months.

• darn it! where they OEM ones? or reps?

will keep my eyes peeled for some E38 paras...

just seen the wheels on deltamars blue 850...anyone know what they are? similar to BBS LM or the now discontinued Rial Daytona...

They look really cool IMO...nice deep dish and i love split rims on the 8!

• Well, the common original ones for the e31, were 17" BBS bolted X-spokes.

The M-parallels give a better view of your discs and brakes, so you'd want to make sure that these too look up to scratch.

You probably want to find ones in the UK (Andre's ones were likely to have been in Poland).

• cheers arnie, yes i like the OEM BBS...

luckily ive just cleaned, polished and waxed the front brembos and am due to install braided brake hoses. The shock struts have had a polish and wax too. :mrgreen:

im just looking at some awesome wheels on felgen-garage... ;) think i may swing in the direction of some deep-dish 17 or 18" for my show/summer wheels...

• 17" X-Spoke BBS Style

Zitat von arnie;62677

Well, the common original ones for the e31, were 17" BBS bolted X-spokes.

The M-parallels give a better view of your discs and brakes, so you'd want to make sure that these too look up to scratch.

You probably want to find ones in the UK (Andre's ones were likely to have been in Poland).

If you like the 17" X-Spoke and wish to go down that road....here's a tip or two...

When I acquired the car in 2002 it came with these. They had been refurbished once and within 18 months were corroding badly again.:motz:

Fortunately, the spare (Front sized) was unused and of course pristine, so I bought 3 new wheels (2 Rear + 1 Front) from BMW Dealer. I now keep the new ones for Summer and the old ones for Winter (changing with the clocks). For, if they even 'sniff' road salt, as sure as eggs is eggs, they will rot....

Yes, they are a bit of a PITA to clean (a soapy flannel wrapped around a pre-shaped wooden stick does the spokes in no time) BUT boy do they look beautiful.:cool:

• yes i think i will be going down the BBS RS route...keeping them well away form all things salty...

refurbed rims are a nightmare in the UK...as soon as a stone/grit penetrates the thin lacquer then water / brake dust eat beneath the surrounding lacquer causing corrosion-veins.

I see this mostly on refurbed 19" E46 M3 wheels.

think these are the type of wheels im going for...

or maybe....

• Without a Doubt Very Nice, BUT £3000 a set, £750 a corner, + another £1000 for tyres.:hmmmm:You really got to love your 8 to spend more than 50% of it's value on new Boots:eek:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• theyre not too expensive...ive spent more on wheels trust me! These BBS are about 2k....which i think is a decent price...

but yes i do love it and costs dont really come into it with my 8...its been cherished all its life and i will continue the theme.

BBS RS here we come...in a bit when the cash is ready lol :harhar:

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;62739

theyre not too expensive...ive spent more on wheels trust me! These BBS are about 2k....which i think is a decent price...

but yes i do love it and costs dont really come into it with my 8...its been cherished all its life and i will continue the theme.

BBS RS here we come...in a bit when the cash is ready lol :harhar:

That's the spirit! :top:

Polished dishes look so much nicer than lacquered but it comes with labour intensive upkeep. But seeing as they will be your summer rims I doubt you'll have much bother.

Since refurbing my OEM BBS rims last summer they look tatty again but I chose to strip the lacquer and go down the polished route. A few outings during winter months was enough to destroy the finish on them so I'll be attempting another DIY refurb sometime soon and I'll be treating them to a shiny set of bolts too! :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!