Best Source For Michelin's UK?

• I am currently looking at getting two new rear tyres, size 285/35/18.

I would like to keep the Michelin pilot sport tyres as that what it has on it currently. I got a quote from BMW for 720 pounds for the pair! Eventhough they quoted me around 600 about a month ago. I told them that was too much and am awaiting a call back from them to see if they can find them cheaper.

In the meantime I have been having a look for them myself. Does anyone on here know of a good source for these tyres at a reasonable price?

Thanks

• Costco. They only sell Michelins. I got a set of 4 PS2 (245s and 275s so should be similar price to yours) for somewhere around £600. They run 20% off coupons regularly. You do have to be a member (£25ish a year) and they make out the membership criteria is tough, but it's not. They also fit and use nitrogen to fill the tyres.

• COSTCO only sell Michelins and they have the best prices.

They currently offer 25% off (their already low, low prices) if you join/upgrade to their EXECUTIVE membership level at £55pa. :shock2:

But I've never seen larger than 255 section stocked:banghead:

• They force you to go through the shop to get to the tyre sales part (at least at the Watford one) which means you need a membership card. The staff are seriously unfriendly (generally) so don't expect the red carpet treatment - you may be able to sneak past them. If you have a localish store I'd sign up anyway as there's some great stuff in there (just don't let your wife go - very bad plan). Cheap Mobil 1, enormous bags of rags, the fun never stops! I have bought 4 sets of tyres from there and I have always done lots of price comparison before buying. Every time they have been dramatically cheaper, even compared to the online retailers who only deliver and don't fit.

• Thanks for the advice.

Ive just been to my local Costco and signed up. They quoted me £285 each for the tyres including fitting. A very good deal indeed and the best out of anywhere I have looked. Looks like I will be going to them unless my BMW dealer can match that.

:top:

• Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;64413

Thanks for the advice.

Ive just been to my local Costco and signed up. They quoted me £285 each for the tyres including fitting. A very good deal indeed and the best out of anywhere I have looked. Looks like I will be going to them unless my BMW dealer can match that.

:top:

Thats a brilliant price reduction, what do you need to sign up with costco?

• Zitat von NickF;64403

"...........The staff are seriously unfriendly (generally) so don't expect the red carpet treatment - you may be able to sneak past them........."

For the benefit of others.
    Good point...BUT...as you intimate, it depends on the store. They have recently opened on the Purley Way.
    Here their staff are extremely helpful and friendly - both in-store & on phone. Even to the extent of giving prices on the phone (!)

So a price from them and a visit to your local branch would be the way to go.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!