Gaydon 2009

• Confirm I have received three tickets, me, wife and son (26) + exhibitor pass. See you all there!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000;65787

Got my display pass through today, thanks Peter :top:

Now just need to purchase an entry ticket through the BMWCC

Hi Wayne, You know me;-) so I've just got to ask/ Why didn"t you get the tickets from Peter??

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von Radron;65789

I'll be coming with my wife and 2.5 year old. Are there any facilities at Gaydon? food, loos etc?

Aha!

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/pages/visit
    /visit_facilities.html

Ron, you might consider bringing a Family picnic as there are usually long ques for fast food & the cafe in the museum is equally busy & expensive.

Oh & A couple of chairs or a Blanket & sun cream, as every year I've been I've got Sun burnt

• Zitat von kneekeybee;65797

Have tickets for me, the missus and two squeakers, thanks Peter.

Just wandering what time to arrive 8.30 - 9.00am, maybe there is a garage/service station near to meet up prior, and travel to the site in convoy? :cool:

Thats a good point nick, maybe Peter will guide us on time? but I'd have thought that 9 am/ 9.30 at the latest would be what we are looking for given that we are supposed to be the figure head of the display area:top:

I 'm booking the Days Inn South bound on the M40 for sat night,

Big car park lots of Bms turn up to refuel at the services prior to the 2 mile drive to Gaydon.

That seems to be THE meeting place:winkwink:

• likewise, no problems with that! how many 8ers are off do you think in total?

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von stevep840;65795

Ron, you might consider bringing a Family picnic as there are usually long ques for fast food & the cafe in the museum is equally busy & expensive.

Oh & A couple of chairs or a Blanket & sun cream, as every year I've been I've got Sun burnt

Many Thanks for the advice. I will do so.

R

• Hi Guys
    I'm surprised about the comments about no thread on Gaydon - Peter has started 3 at least - check his on 13.02.09. there are 27 replies (including many of the 'regulars'!) and 662 views to date!!
    ref the wrenchfest on the 15th I believe Peter is full at 20 attendees but you could email him in case anyone has dropped out.
    As Peter said, he would like 50 8's at Gaydon on Sunday 16 August if possible and the idea is definitely not for a 'car park!'
    As for timing - marshals (Peter incl. again!) have to be there for 7 am! Show cars, ie all 8's with a Show Pass (plus a ticket for each passenger at £11 on the day or £9 in advance, either via Peter or 01225 709009 to BMWCC) in our cases have to be in place between 8am and 9.45 - The show opens to the public at 10.00 am and minimal car movement thereafter for safety reasons. All show cars have to remain in place until 4 p.m.
    People tickets include entry to the museum - good for at least an hour, or longer if it's raining.
    For those that don't know, the Aston Martin test circuit is nearby and you can book a session (3 laps I think) for £12.50 and take a passenger for an extra fiver - could be a problem getting from the display area to the track though between 10 and 4.
    Those of you that have acces to the BMWCC magazine will see that the '8 series birthday' has been advertised every month for the last 3 months. I've done an article this month on the 8er with a couple of photos and a contact email address "tm.courier@btinternet.com"[/email] for any one who needs any information about the Gaydon day out.
    We're doing our best to spread the word and hope it will be a great day for all 8ers - please ask if you need more info - if you have time to help or want to make a suggestion, fire away, all will be considered!!
    If we know in advance we can book an auditorium / cinema for sessions on Sunday - anyone who does BMW or 8er related talks, slide shows or W.H.Y.? let me know and it can be put to the Show Committee.
    Oh, and anyone who can guarantee a sunny day, please step forward.
    Cheers, Tony. :winkwink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!